Thread: Springtime will be here soon

SMA
    A private "Galt's Gulch" in a Red state in the South

Springtime will be here soon

I've got the boat un-winterized. I'll probably have to drain the block again before spring is here, but I was anxious go get on the lake on these unseasonably warm days. A new style of ladies swimsuits, called a front thong, will be coming out soon. I like them. What do y'all think.
    Name:  swimsuit.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  76.0 KB

Name:  swimsuit2.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  56.8 KB

Nice! Did you get to take her for a boat ride today?

SMA
    I wish Mike. I would still be out there.

This is terrible. Just terrible. There should more photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Gass View Post
    This is terrible. Just terrible. There should more photos.
    I had no idea photos like that could be posted on YC.
    I guess it is just byrd watching on the lake, no harm no fowl.

Life on a lake is not for everyone, but Chuck seems to be getting by.

Name:  555.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  108.2 KB
    Name:  111.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  102.0 KB
    Name:  444.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  97.3 KB
    Name:  333.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  102.7 KB
    Name:  222.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  110.0 KB

SMA
    Well, while looking for some file photos as nice as Bills I didn't have any luck. But, I did run across this one from back before I was to old, fat, and lazy to get up on a ski.

Name:  steveuncropped.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  67.5 KB

I need to get Bill to pull me when the water gets warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Farley View Post
    I need to get Bill to pull me when the water gets warmer.
    You were the "man" Chuck, and still have all that hair.

I have seldom had the opportunity to ski.
    I did a few times with Ted as a teen, and once with Tom at maybe 40.
    Chuck, my fishing boat will not pull you up but can drag you on a tube.
    I just spent another $1K on the motor, but -- ?

SMA
    Bill, this picture was taken a long time ago. We had a guest visit us at our camp site on Lake Lanier. He was into photography and had a Hasselblad medium format camera. I wanted one of these for years, but they were very expensive. I'm now glad I didn't get one since today's much cheaper digital cameras with millions of pixels do much better than a medium format piece of film.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Farley View Post
    Bill, this picture was taken a long time ago.
    Your ugly ass did not kill the mood of the thread at all -

SMA
    To resume the mood of the thread, here's the picture I had been looking for.

Name:  whytitanicsank.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  103.6 KB

Looks like the lake is the place to be. It was like springtime over here today. The sign on the boat states "No Smoking Area". Looks like it is pretty "Hot" & "Smoking" to me.

When Noah was 500 years old he became the father of Shem, Ham, and Japheth. (Genesis 5:32)
    We all know what came next.

Here on Lake Hartwell, rain is not of that magnitude but plenty. My yard gauge for Feb (after a wet Jan) was over 12 inches. That is backed up by a nearby station in Taccao and The Army Corps who were over 10" more South. It is the most I have seen in my 20 years here. The average is 4.5".
    For my yard and that average, best might be two .5" rains (at night) each week. That would be OK. Mother Nature thinks different so it is not like that.
    I know that when I plant a flower, must take in to consideration how it will get water.
    Today it is raining and already over an inch.
    My home is not underwater as I live on a lake. That means water flows to the lake and is released. My street is a crown top with lake on both sides.
    A fun thing to remember is we all live on the mountains. The ocean fills the valleys. We all live on the Earth's mountains.

I can see many tiny streams taking water to the lake from my yard. Multiply that over a 952 mile shoreline with many tiny streams, creeks, and rivers, and one can see how an inch of rain falling on water soaked land can have big effect on Lake Hartwell.

A year from now will be upset as the lake is down due to drought.
    In my 20 years here, all that is certain is change in the weather.

I have spent a few days every week for the past several months working in the rain all day. This week was no different. I drove to Charleston Tuesday and it stopped raining just before I got there and then all day Wednesday and Thursday it rained and I walked around the chemical plants and paper mills in the rain.

I figured it was time to get this forum going again. I do not like winter. 4 to 5 weeks of it to kill bugs is plenty. I have been to north Florida a few times recently and I left this past Tuesday at 10:30 in the morning and it was 74 degrees. Got home and it was cloudy and 52. I have checked out a few weeks and we will start warming up a bit in a few weeks. I am eager for those sunny 60s and 70s days of spring around here. Daffodils are springing up in my front yard and started popping up 2 weeks ago. In the park on a slightly warmer day the little frogs are so loud that you can hear them a few hundred feet away.