Thread: Titmouse

AgentOrange

Titmouse

Good Bird

Here is a photo I took of a Titmouse. Surely they are the most active bird I have on a year-round basis. They are around the house at this or that feeder every day of the year, every hour of the day, and quite friendly. Being territorial, they never develop into a large pack, but do group together in small pack in Winter along with the Chickadees and other small birds.

Name:  titmouse.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  181.0 KB

Good fun.
    Here is a post from 2012 that got zero response.

The Tufted Titmouse is a favorite of every bird watcher. They are not shy, very active, eat anything, and light up the yard with song.

Instead of hanging at a feeder, grab one seed and fly to another spot to open it.
    I started calling them "Hooter" back in the 90's and still do.

I have seen those in my yard. I am now looking forward to the Cardinals. I get lots of them in the spring and all summer. My old wood pile for rotted logs is full of bugs and the birds hang around all the time in the morning and evening. The hawks across the street kill a dove here and there when the doves are out in the open in the grass. I see a spread of feathers about every other week while cutting the grass and it is always in the same area of the yard.

- - - Updated - - -

I watched a youtube video where this environmentalist who previously wanted to promote wind farms and solar farms was speaking about going to nuclear. He had first reasoned several years ago that since cats kill millions of birds a year that having wind turbines kill a few thousand was no big deal. Liberals can talk themselves into anything as the ends justify the means. He later discovered that the birds getting killed by the wind farms were large birds of prey and not sparrows and bluejays. He also found out that when you relocate the tortoises from the desert to install solar farms that you cannot just relocate the big tortoise. They die.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.