Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
D O G S - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: D O G S

Quote Originally Posted by shortcake View Post
    I have 11 cats - all indoor cats.
    Good deal, I admire people like you.

Still, 11 cats indoors is -- well ??
    I bought one of those high end motorized litter boxes with the throw away cartridges. My cats go in and out and do not use it. 11 cats, indoors, what do you use?

I have 2 cats and 2 dogs. My yearly vet bill with healthy critters is high, not to mention monthly heart worm and FrontLine treatments, I would guess over $500. Food is not cheap here as I want my dogs to have the best available and in addition to normal diet, the cats demand a can of Tuna each day.

You must be rich to have 12 pets.

I had one of those automatic litter boxes for a while, but it was just a PITA.

I had 7 cats, 2 cockatiels, and a Border Collie. The BC liked to eat cat turds, so had to get a giant litter box with a cover & flap door. I used 2 of them in opposite ends of the house & used an entire bag of cat litter in each. They were changed 1-2 times per week, depending on if it was summer or winter. This worked well & most folks never smelled a thing as the cover/door combo kept the stench inside (also kept the cats from crapping over the side)~

Hardly rich, just got rid of the kids lol. 11 cats, one dog, a rabbit and a bird...the rabbit and the bird actually my youngest' who happened to move back in. 4 litter boxes, and use a little borax in it. My cats roam the house but mostly stay upstairs in the loft, which has been dubbed the pussy palace. When they come downstairs mostly it is to torment Max (the dog) or lounge in the laundry room which has lots of windows

I miss my Border Collie; they are smart as hell:

http://www.wimp.com/smartpuppy/

SSG
    Name:  connbailey.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  39.2 KB
    This is my boy using one of my dos as a pillow!

MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by trav0810 View Post
    Name:  connbailey.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  39.2 KB
    This is my boy using one of my dos as a pillow!
    That's so cute! I'll bet you don't have to worry about anyone hurting your son!!!!

SSG
    You got that right! These English are a really gentle breed, but they take the protection of their families VERY seriously!

Really good photo.

We have a yorkie, Max. He's actually my moms dog we picked up when the folks moved overseas. He's family.

I love this!
    http://www.wimp.com/dogmusician/

Yes, it's commercial, but it's a GREAT commercial!
    http://www.wimp.com/everydog/
    Last edited by TNRabbit R.I.P.; 03-26-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shortcake View Post
    I have 11 cats
    You're a cat lady..? Surprised to see you here.. Basspig sure tried to give you a thrashing on the carver forum, thought you were trying to expand his market?

I grew up with dogs, many german shepards and black labs, even had a retired police dog that knew to look both ways before crossing the street,which I thought was cool as a youngster. Dogs are like little people who NEVER do you wrong and have unconditional love, work their way into the family quite easily.

I'm really sorry about your beagle Bill.. I wish you both the best.

Beagle in no pain, does not know she is sick, taking lots of meds. She may out live me. She is active and happy.

"Dogs are like little people" - you nailed that, especially here where I am always home and Rosey is my constant companion. She is not like a dog, but a short person.
    Like you grew up with lots of dogs as my Pop kept a lot around for hunting. Parents got me a
    Chihuahua when I was in First Grade. Toad knew her well. She died while I was in the Army. Tiny, but lived out side as a young dog with the big hunting dogs. She would jump up and grab an ear if they got out of line.

I like Cats also. In Matthews, had no dog for 30 years, but had cats and a ferret. One cat, Tiger, lived with me for more than 15 years. He was a huge cat who terrorized the neighborhood.

I have tried not to have cats here as I am a bird guy now. They don't mix well.
    Some asshole abandoned two kittens here and my Bride moved them in against my wishes a couple years back. They grew and have wiped out a million of my yard critters. The big male cat thinks he is a dog and follows me around as apparently I am very interesting. He sits near me during TV time and sleeps on the foot of the bed. He is not a lap cat, but like the Beagle, is happiest near me. My cats roam the woods. I worry about them and get them in at dark. I know most people keeps their cats in for safety, but just not possible with these two. Mostly they stay in the yard, and I have made a point of letting the neighbors know about them.
    The critters gave the guys building next door to us a $100 bird feeder in Dec that doubled as a Christmas gift. The message included was this:

Name:  WARMING.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  100.2 KB
    Most in the neighborhood are from the North and see me as a long haired, unstable, old nut. I try to keep that image up. I go out of my way to let neighbors know not to fuck with my critters, and do it in a friendly way when possible.

My folks took Max (the yorkie) with them to Florida, when they moved back from overseas.

I was shopping with my wife and stepdaughter when we ran across a rescue shelter. All of the dogs were excited and rushing the gate except for one,Drew. He was at the back and so timid. We left the shelter, and i could not get Drew out of my mind. A couple weeks later, I woke up on a Sat am, and told the wife, lets go get that dog.

Drew is a retriever and hound mix.He came from a high kill shelter in Ky. He was so scared, of men especially, it broke my heart. Men who abuse animals, women, and children, are always the pansies who wont raise their voice to another man. These abusive fuckers should be beaten daily. Anyway...

Drew is now living he good life! He took to Jess immediately, and now is so excited when i get home! We have an acre yard and he loves to chase/be chased around.

We may foster another one this fall. By all means everyone, if you can adopt, or even foster these animals in your area, please do!

trying to attach photos, may have to resize and attach to next post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  134.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  96.6 KB

Good lookin' dog!

Your wife is cute, too~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast