Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HUMMER

PFC
    None here this summer. Last week I took the feeder in for the season.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    None here this summer. Last week I took the feeder in for the season.
    Steve
    Bad move. Migration will be starting soon and some might discover you. Put it back out.

Maybe you are not getting it out early enough in Spring.

I have many and keep one out all Winter. In 3 recent seasons, a stray from west of the big river has shown up here for the Winter.
    I am the only guy in a tie

Critical time for Hummers. Many will perish because they were unable to fatten for the long migration.

Word on the block is some of you assholes are not keeping your feeders full with fresh food.
    That is pissing off all the clowns -

Name:  angryclown.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  76.8 KB

A lady that lives near me just said all her hummers (about a dozen) disappeared this week. I told her it was about time for their migration, but that she should leave the feeder up for any migrating through & any that might possibly attempt to winter here (it's happening more & more).

Here's a fantastic video I found on youtube:

Filled up my Hummer feeders this morning. I have about 8 out right now. One tiny bird was waiting for his favorite and jumped it as I hung it up.

I am down to 3 birds now. Mine will leave and some migrating down from the north will stop by to re-fuel. It is amazing how almost to the day they arrive and depart each year.

I just read an article about how some don't survive the long (impossible) journey because they were unable to fatten enough before migration.
    If your feeder is not fresh and full, you are not my friend and I hope you die.

Name:  smiley_face_tongue_out-1440x900.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  41.6 KB
    I am the only guy in a tie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12