Thread: BIRD COUNT

BIRD COUNT

BIRD COUNT

3 oclock, and we are up to 103 degrees. There is not much action off the deck, but I am doing a bird count anyway. The small fountain near the frog pond is busy - as usual. The birds don't eat much of my junk in Summer, but they do come to the water.

1. Titmouse - they are always here to entertain me
    2. Chicadee - ditto
    3. Blue Jay
    4. Dove
    5. Goldfinch
    6. Carolina Wren
    7. Cardinal
    8. Hummingbird
    9. Catbird
    10. Brown-headed Nuthatch
    11. Blue Bird
    12. House Finch

One hour just flew by. I have to go turn the water off to the garden. The official temp is now 104, but only 100 here in my CatBird chair.

Attachment 557

Attachment 558

Attachment 559

MSG
    Those Blue Jays love my bird bath. Only problem is when they get in there and thrash around, they splash a lot of water out, and have to refill it!

We hit 110 on the thermometer out back today~

Never get any birds in our pond.....wonder why?

MSG
    Today Y'all in the Eastern States are running hotter than it was in Austin today! We did hit 99 earlier but had a little cloud cover, courtesy of an upper level low, and the temperature actually went down this afternoon to 88! Of course the last 5 days have been over 100 every day, and had 109 one day! I think Summer is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Today Y'all in the Eastern States are running hotter than it was in Austin today! We did hit 99 earlier but had a little cloud cover, courtesy of an upper level low, and the temperature actually went down this afternoon to 88! Of course the last 5 days have been over 100 every day, and had 109 one day! I think Summer is here!
    Yes, I was so excited to see real Summer here. I have been outside working in the yard since 3 and also sitting on my ass enjoying the day, Now it is 8:30 - time flies and I am getting hungry.

I love Summer !!
    I am the only guy in a tie