--or maybe a pear?

If you have some down time from your busy schedule, you could take up Bingo, or macrame. I have become a decent rough style carpenter just by "doing".

20 years back my best friend Carol decided we should take the Master Gardener courses (she in Arkansas and me in Clemson). I still have things growing in my yard that she sent to me.
The deal is if you attend 'Extension Master Gardener Program' classes, you will meet new friends, and also learn fun things.
"Participants receive at least 40 hours of intensive, practical horticultural training". That is not enough to earn you college credits but time well spent and fun. Take it on with a friend if you have one.

Carol just had guys like me teaching her, but I had actual Clemson Professors with doctorates as Clemson is an AG college second to . I would tease her that I learned a million times more than her. Carol's IQ was about 200, so that would set her off.

What do you learn? Am I now an expert on all plants? No one is that. You learn some basics of plant life.

https://www.clemson.edu/extension/mg/