Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It begins

I believe you can do anything that you put your mind to because you don't quit.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe you can do anything that you put your mind to because you don't quit.

Day Drinkin' again --
    My excuse is I am watching my paint dry. I got some paint on my yard projects today, will do touch up tomorrow.
    I am the world's best builder and the world's worse painter.

October has been an incredibly-> physically and mentally -> stressful month for me. I have made muscles sore that I did not know I still had. It has greatly improved my strenght and flexibility. Right now I just feel broken, but some rest out here in my chair with cold beer will help. My jogging has suffered, but I have gotten in a few miles and beat the other geezers at the Oktoberfest.

I rented a truck and in a couple trips moved all of K's furniture -- about killed me as I am old. Her hutch is too heavy, will get that someday.
    I planted grass which is looking great, and got in a load of mulch (not yet all spread as I am waiting for rain to guide me).

I started building a 12'X12' bird blind, a 12'X12' deck, and a 30' walkway. Neither is done, but I have put a huge dent in the projects. It takes one man 4x as long as to what two can do as you don't have someone to hold a 16' board while you get a nail in it. I just putter along and try to do a job Pop would be proud of.
    The heavy work is done, the rest is just fun things (except for more stupid painting).

Inside my bird blind (Dude Haus) have the chair I made to fit me, and many necessities like beer fridge, computer, and a very good stereo system. My last one was 6X10, so this gives me more room for wtf things.

The deck needs a lot more work and accessories to look OK, but is solid. This is for K as I don't allow her in the 'Dude Haus'.

https://i.postimg.cc/BQjmHL56/d2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/wBQ2ghzW/d3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images   

"I believe you can do anything that you put your mind to because you don't quit."
    ---------------Marty Gass

Thanks, I appreciate you saying that.
    Runners become like that. "Fight the little voice that demands you quit" is what we do. You and I have proven many times that we can persevere.
    I am the only guy in a tie

Dude Haus looks great! Many enjoyable hours spent in it to come. Also the satisfaction of a job well done.

I think the Dude Haus looks great. What a task.

I am lazy in all things except running and I am getting a bit weaker as to that. I think I worked hard at races and training because I did not want any of you to think less of me. I think my expectations about me were somewhat dwarfed by the expectations of others. I doubt I will run much more that 30 t0 35 miles a week again. I can easily run 40 to 45 but it requires a good bit of hassle these days with all my work travel. Who knows, when I retire I may become a higher mileage runner. I think I will spend more time getting to ride my bike that I spent $1400.00 on a few years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Dude Haus looks great. What a task.

I am lazy in all things except running and I am getting a bit weaker as to that. I think I worked hard at races and training because I did not want any of you to think less of me. I think my expectations about me were somewhat dwarfed by the expectations of others. I doubt I will run much more that 30 t0 35 miles a week again. I can easily run 40 to 45 but it requires a good bit of hassle these days with all my work travel. Who knows, when I retire I may become a higher mileage runner. I think I will spend more time getting to ride my bike that I spent $1400.00 on a few years ago.

I lost where I hung out for the last years (critters knew me there). For a year I have had no place to hang, no music, no beer, no birds.

This month "finally" got the chance and built a new hangout.
    Being 77 (and lazy) this was a task for me.
    It seemed an impossible task for me, but thought back to when my brother Wayne was born. Pop just went out and built a new room onto our house. This aint on that level, but Wayne will not be sleeping in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I am the only guy in a tie

Excellent! I like it! You appear to be a better carpenter than I am. Faster too.

I am amazed...but only that you have the energy to get it done and done so quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

I am amazed...but only that you have the energy to get it done and done so quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12