Thread: The calm and peace from nature in the yard

The calm and peace from nature in the yard

I seem to get a type of peace from watching what goes on in my little back yard. I need this. For some reason I continue to look at Facebook and on rare occasions some dip shit I went to high school with in the dark place will post some total bullshit that I have to calm myself. Nature does that for me. My slice of that is in my yard. Deer wander in and out and while my wife will shoot one that eats her magnolia tree we love them. No ducks for a few years but lots of rabbits and birds. Birds are now landing on the post where we hang the hummingbird feeders so I will have to hang a regular feeder there for them. Squirrels get in my attic and fuck stuff up so we love the hawks who live in the area as they have helped cut down on those varmints. In the past I have liked them but they can screw up a house. I now know a few people who have lost their homes due to squirrels chewing on wires. I now have a high powered pellet gun and will start killing them if they get in my attic again. One died in my fireplace last month and I have had enough. I am occasionally tempted to buy a motor home and live in a park but that will not work.

I filled up the bird feeders today. I had not noticed many birds for several weeks and just left what was in the feeders to see if they would come back. I noticed more birds in the past week so I filled up the feeders. I need more seed again.
    My little pond is so low that we have had two more critters fall in and not get out. Dead critters. I will fill it up over the weekend and see if I can rig up some sort of ramp. It is tough when the level drops too much. I hope there is not a hole in the bottom as that would end the pond unless I can patch it. I don't think I can find another that is exactly the same. It is one of those store bought ground inserts so maybe I can. What a pain.

Well after hearing them for the past few years we finally found out where the Herons are nesting in the park. The new section that got added a few years ago has stayed rather quiet or so it was until this year. We found 5 nests up in the top of some trees and watch the birds both flying around and sitting in the nexts and actually saw one of the birds bringing in some additional twigs for the nest. From talking to some folks who live behind the trees, we found out that the nests had been about a hundred feet to the east until this year. I guess they wanted to be farther from the road. The nests are now about half a mile from each of the two roads that the trail goes between.

That is great. I really miss my birds. My Heron is named "Ocean Drive".

Since it has now been a few years since they completed the work on the park, the park is now full of all kinds of wildlife again. There have always been cardinals but now they are all over the place. Also lots of blue birds. I need to take my phone over to the pond where the beavers are as I have an app the identifies birds. There are some that have a bit longer neck and dive in for fish. If I could get all the people out of the park there would be more wild life. Although as it gets warmer the younger women are out in droves.