Thread: All American RedStart

All American RedStart

Be still myheart --

91 degrees and the Bee Gees playing too loud. K says I spend too much time on the porch.
    Proving her wrong, a female RedStart just showed up. I have photos from years past will post those as I aint caught him yet today. It is bold and beautiful. The deal is living near the Blue Ridge, anything can show.

Checking my notes see I saw one passing by in Spring on 25Apr21 and Fall 05Oct20.
    This is the first migrant I have seen since Spring.

Name:  rs1-700.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  171.0 KB

Name:  w2-700.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  189.1 KB

Name:  was5-700.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  172.4 KB

Name:  ws3-700.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  71.8 KB
    I am the only guy in a tie

Beautiful Bird! I believe that all birds talk with one another. In their conversation with each other, they tell others that your place is a "must stop and visit" on their travels. That speaks volumes on the hospitable bird sanctuary you operate. They can enjoy good food & good music in a safe and friendly environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
    Beautiful Bird! I believe that all birds talk with one another. In their conversation with each other, they tell others that your place is a "must stop and visit" on their travels. That speaks volumes on the hospitable bird sanctuary you operate. They can enjoy good food & good music in a safe and friendly environment.
    That is a nice post, thanks.

I am presently (slowly) getting together an electric fense to discourage the bear from my feeders. One thin wire about 2' up might help. It won't be too noticable, and I can just step over it. I will have it working on a dusk/dawn timer.