Thread: lonely Gnome Guy near the grave

lonely Gnome Guy near the grave

lonely Gnome Guy near the grave

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 128
Size:  3.78 MB

No need to visit unless you give me 3 days notice as otherwise that would create stress.
    No need to call as I have no idea where my phone is.

To help me get by, maybe some friends would "pretend" to be interested in what gets my heart beat up.
    I like to sit on the porch and watch birds. I would like to share as to what yall see. If possible, take a photo with your camera, and folks here will help with ID.

If you have compassion for an elderly friend, do this:

On a sheet of paper, write down if you ID a bird.
    You must take the time to write it down.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
    example:
    1 - House Finch
    2. -

+++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe next week you will see a Robin -- write it down.
    Soon that list will grow and become another fun diversion in your life (and mine).
    As your list grows, share it to this thread.
    I am the only guy in a tie

I actually started to do this a few years ago. It really is fun. I had a hard time identifying some of the birds as they looked similar to others so I will send in the photos. This is the week that I start filling the feeders. I don't worry during the summer as we have lots of bugs in the old tree stump and some old log piles and all around a large natural area. Once the see goes out it takes about 2 weeks and then I have more different birds than I can keep track of. It is also this time of year that more species are seen in the park.

The elderly lady next door loves to watch birds too. They are nice folks for being yankees. They were first to put up Trump signs the day before I did. Really nice people.

Sent a photo of a hummer. The feeders have been there for many weeks but the birds just started showing up. I think Bill said that there is a time of year that they show up but not sure. Once I get the other feeders going I should see lots of birds. I filled them up a few months ago and they were empty in 48 hours. I filled up 6 feeders. Our little pond draws birds. Some like to sit on top of the sprinkler head of the filter. I need to fill it up to the top. Also trying to come up with a way for the birds to get water from the pond all the time. Squirrels love the pond. They drink from it all the time. It is also getting a little cooler so I can open the porch door early in the morning now and catch birds feeding at dawn.

We still have lots of deer. A few weeks ago there were 8 bucks just across the street from my house. They had wondered over there from my yard and neighbors yard. Most were modest size but 2 were larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Gass View Post
    Sent a photo of a hummer.
    -----
    Name:  IMG_2104.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  114.4 KB

We are getting a lot more activity at the feeder. Years ago when we had a feeder near the back door we would get a good bit of activity and the birds were many different colors. All of the birds now are just like this one. My wife is like a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Gass View Post
    We are getting a lot more activity at the feeder. Years ago when we had a feeder near the back door we would get a good bit of activity and the birds were many different colors. All of the birds now are just like this one. My wife is like a little kid.
    All are Ruby Throat.
    Male, female, and kids look different.

More feeders kept up with fresh food attacts more. Heat of Summer fermits it so replace often even if not empty.

My wife changed is at least once a week and now sometimes twice. Lots more activity and you can see different size birds. I think we had 3 at one time at the two feeders and often have 2. I don't know if we will get more but my wife is crazy over these birds. One of the cats noticed them today and sat on the back of a chair for a while just watching and swishing his tail.