Not that any are interested, but here is a mator update. Some of this will be repetitive as I might also post it on a Clemson Forum.

========================

Finally got my mators planted today. It was a lot of work, will be sitting on my ass the rest of today.
I harvested the rest of the spinach, lots of it still growing well.

I am using 5 of these pots again.

Name:  pot.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  14.2 KB
Last season my mators grew too well, enough to open a road side stand.
Here is my Bride with them:
Name:  kmatto.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  84.4 KB

==============

I dumped the dirt from a pot into a wheel barrow. I am using last year's dirt again (saves me $70).
I mixed in Tomato Tone and dolomite. I would have liked to have gotten the dolomite mixed in a couple weeks back, but that is not what happened.

Name:  tone.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  64.9 KB
Name:  dddd.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  108.2 KB

The wicks from last season were there, so added them back plus two more to the pot. I have no idea if that helps, but know my mators were well watered from the bottom last season with this system.
Name:  wicks.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  61.4 KB

Filled dirt to the top, dug a small hole on each corner to hold a half cup of fertilizer.

Name:  fert.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  159.0 KB

I built a 2" mound on top and stretched a plastic cover over. These are watered from "wicking" up from the bottom. This does work, and importantly keeps the plants at a consistent moisture level.

Then I repeated that for the other 4 pots. The plants are tucked away and ready to grow. They get full Sun on my dock and lots of fresh river water.

Name:  photo2021.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  144.4 KB

I got some beer and am sitting on the porch dreaming on my first mator sandwich.