Thread: Bearnado

Bearnado

Storm hit me last night ----

I don't have weenie bird feeders, mine are strong, mounted on steel rods.
    My feeder trays are large, mounted with 2X4 on 4X8.

The rods were bent down like they were noodles. I guess that is what happens when a 10 ton bear climbs up.
    A 3X5 heavy feeder house was slapped off the mounts and crushed.

To add insult, the bear took a dump before he left.
    Name:  Bear.gif
Views: 309
Size:  1.29 MB

Every night for 10 years have walked up the road to invite my cat home.
    I guess I better start doing like Matt Dillon and strap on my hog leg.

Name:  9o6Us-1550773905-1240-quiz_question_image_-2_gunsmoke_wrong_1.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  49.7 KB

I would absolutely do that. I can't believe you got your yard hammered by a bear. Have you seen sign of bear around before. I don't recall you ever mentioning it.

When we were in Glacier National Park in 2020 hiking we saw at least one man with a 45 strapped to his hip. Grizzly bears are all over that place. We are going back the end of August. I just carry bear spray. I am also working hard on getting some running speed back so I can out run my wife.

Black bears have come to town in Clarkesville, Ga. They are looking for easy food: trash cans, bird feeders, etc. I guess they have been run out of their natural habitat from all the building and new subdivisions in the mountains. I have not personally seen one yet, but lots of folks have told me about the ones they have seen. Wild hogs/pigs & coyotes are also a problem over here.

Bear came back on the next night.
    Tore down the feeders again. I am sad.

Even sadder is it destroyed my branch. One section was broken up. You can't buy that now. I found one section in Canada and shipping is $80 for a $50 item. I never understand why shipping from Canada is so expensive. Do yall know?

3rd night (last night) got out my camera and moved my sonic pest thing there. No bear.

Today hooked this in;
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CD3UWPA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Name:  sss.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  27.1 KB

Will that deter a bear? The thing as to a bear is it is big. It can hear better than people. It can see better than people. It can run faster than people. It can climb better than people. It can swim better than people. Most amazing stat might be it can smell 7 times better than a dog. A bear has super powers, an amazing critter.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Gass View Post
    Have you seen sign of bear around before. I don't recall you ever mentioning it.
    In 20 years have visited me I know of. They are not rare in these parts.
    I hope I get to see it, or at least hope my cam gets some photos.
    I hate that it tears up my crap, but it and I will just have to adjust to each other. It has as much right to this area as I.

Bear will continue to come back & visit as it has found a reliable and good food source. Bears are very smart. Bears over hear climb up decks, tear down screen on porches, and will do the impossible to get to bird seed, fish food, dog food, cat food, garbage, and any other free food it can find. Yogi will be back to visit. Post pictures after he does. Also they like ice coolers too. They know what a cooler is for and will drag it with them. At Vogel State Park near Blairsville, Ga one Fall, a bear got an Igloo Ice Cooler from a campsite and was dragging it down the middle of a stream with food falling out everywhere. Bears are smart!

Maybe it needs another food source near by. Got any neighbors you hate?