I know some of you have or have had cats in the past. Some people hate cats. We have 2. The older long haired grey can is officially mine according to my wife and the younger short haired male grey cat is my wife's cat. My wife picked out both but because the older female is sort of hard to get along with she must me mine. I am good with that. We have an understanding. She likes me and sort of tolerates the rest of the world at least a little. She likes me because I think she can do not wrong. She is obstinate to the max but is ok.

Our male cat is totally different. I trained him to come when called. I did that with treats. Now he is a treat pest. He also will eventually kill anything that gets into the house from the yard. We somehow get little lizards in the house and you have to chase him to get them away from him. He killed a mouse a month ago and put the dead mouse on a step where several little stuffed mice were sitting that he plays with. The big, and I mean big, female just watches things that move. She can't be bothered actually putting forth the effort to really trap or kill anything.

I am always puzzled as to why cats don't live for 100 years. They sleep 20 hours a day and don't seem to allow anything or anyone to stress them out. These cats are the only pets that I have ever had to have live full time in the house. If one got out I would have to leave the state as my wife would hunt me down and kill me if anything happened to one of them if it got out.

I think they are good company...mostly for my wife when I am on the road. They are pretty good pets overall. I just do not have interest in having to take care of a pet and these are really low maintenance and my wife handles that. She has always had cats and dogs from a very young age.

I like animals. I hate the squirrels getting in my attic but I like them running around the yard. They are entertaining. Glad that cars don't go outside. The male cat would be killing them all the time. I saw a squirrel nesting box that you can buy. I did not know that they even made such a thing. I have nexts all over the trees in my yard and my neighbors yards. I am still trying to understand why we hardly ever see chipmunks. We see one or two in the spring and then never again. The hawks must get them. They cleared out the doves and some of the furry critters so maybe they got the chipmunks too.