Thread: Bull or Green

Bull or Green

Went down to feed my fish and saw a Green Frog. I did not know I had any. Ran back up and got my camera.

I have Bull Frogs and Toads and different kinds of funny looking Tree Frogs. I have Grass Frogs. Now I have a young Green Frog.

Many see a Green Frog and think it is a Bull Frog.
    For my friends in Rio Linda, here is how to tell them apart.

On a Bull, there is a ridge from the eye that circles the ear.
    On a Green, the ridge from the eye goes straight down the back to the tail.

No need to thank me for wasting your time with this.
    Here is one of my many Bull Frogs and the new Green Frog. Now you too can tell which is which.

Name:  bull777.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  64.8 KB

Name:  green777.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  88.1 KB

Thanks for the info. Down where I came from, we had just regular old frogs. We did have some of those funny looking tree frogs from time to time. The bullfrogs we had didn't look as good as the one up above. Our frogs were poor and rough. They were good frogs and could make a lot of noise at night. I enjoy listening to the frogs now and when I was a kid. When I was a kid it was always told to us that when you picked up a frog and he peed on you, you would have a wart. I had a lot of warts as a kid and still have a small one on my bird finger.

Ok. Now I need a fact based answer. So does frog pee cause warts? I was told it did but I never got warts.

Nice pics, Bill.

Don't know for a scientific fact if frog pee causes warts. It may just be that those old poor & rough Georgia country frogs are the ones that causes warts. I had my share of warts and I was peed on by a lot of frogs in my day. I finally learned how to pick one up without getting peed on, but it was too late in the game by then. Some say warts are caused by a virus.

I don't see me picking up frogs any time soon so I don't have to experiment.