Thread: Jaws of Death

Jaws of Death

This lazy day feels like early Fall.
    My Branch is full of birds washing themselves. Migrants have not started showing yet as it is still Summer for a couple more weeks.

A couple critters are relaxing near the jaws of death.
    Miss Agnes can't quite reach that Praying Mantis, but she is very patience.
    Name:  pm777.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  72.0 KB

The Map turtle on the gator is in less peril than it appears.
    Name:  map777.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  74.1 KB

The Map Turtle on the gator appears relaxed with it's legs stretched out and dangling down. No problems and no worries. Fall is on the way.

YEs. The fall weather is slowly moving in. I can now drive so I will head to Tractor Supply and get bird seed. As the weather gets bad the birds spend more time at the feeders. Hell, the deer now march through my yard and at least a few head right for the feeders.

I am in Charleston SC now and it is warm and humid but not mid summer warm. It was a little hard on my back driving down but it is doing better today and I was working until just a little while ago and I get to come back next week. I will be busy until near Christmas now. Working outside in the fall and very early winter is nice since it is not really cold yet.
    I have seen more deer around my pond lately. Fall is a fun time. Lots of critters get active getting ready for winter. I get active getting ready for winter. Maybe I will get a turtle for our pond. Not sure what Will happen in winter. I see them in the park sunning themselves in winter but it is different there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Gass View Post
    Maybe I will get a turtle for our pond.

Getting fish to hang around a pond is easy. Not so easy is frogs and turtles.

Coming up the road today saw a box turtle in the middle of the road. I stopped traffic to save him.
    I put him in my yard with some carrots and grapes, knowing I will most likely never see him again. This is a great habitat for him, and I have released others here.
    These go for about a hundred dollars at a pet store.

The deal with turtles and frogs is they have legs and love to use them to explore the world.

Damn man you've got gators in your pond?? Nice pics by the way.

I would like to bring box turtles home from the park when I see them but they would just cross the road and get killed.