Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need work

I need work

I am in need of a silly project to get me off my ass.
    What could be more silly than another bird water thing?
    I have too many. I have 4 ponds and a branch plus some bird water bowls.

My CatBird house is tiny -- 10X6. There is no room for more, but WTH?
    The guest chair goes unused 99% of the time.
    Name:  P8020150800.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  151.5 KB

Today have been thinking on a 5' branch for inside here.
    I have drawn up a nice one to build from scratch as then I have complete control of size.

I have run across some store bought things to mingle in, but I loose size control and must then adjust.

Not enough beer down today to decide. For me most of the fun is the planning, kinda like thinking on what I will cook tonight (thinking BLT with onion and cheese).
    I am the only guy in a tie

I find time to sit in there most days as it is my favorite place in the world.

Started off today with Frank Sinatra as his tunes were in my head when I woke up I am a huge fan.
    I am now playing Jon Anderson.

I have decent Gallo speakers out here plus a 12" sub. Mine are mounted to the roof and aimed at my head. I would upgrade, but with what?

Name:  2_2.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  116.6 KB

"I am in need of work". That's a quote you never hear these days. Projects and work keep you young. I have years of little projects I have been hoarding up on in my little shop building. Stuff I never have time to work on and finish, so why start now. 13 months from today I can retire if I'm still alive. I got over my pneumonia and all my other aliments a month or so ago and had felt the best i had felt in a couple of years and was even able to run a little on 3 different days. My Bride brought home Cousin COVID from school last week. She tested positive last Saturday and I tested positive the past Tuesday. We are taking all the vitamins and stuff recommend. I had already been taking a lot of supplements for the past two months since the pneumonia thing. It's kinda like the flu. I seem to be feeling better already. Bride is struggling a little. My employer is making me stay home for the next 10 days. They brought me a work computer and set it on my doorstep this morning. I guess I'll start tomorrow. Hadn't felt like doing a whole lot anyway. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be even better. Got to work on my Bride and get her better now. My next immediate project is replacing a privacy fence. I've been holding off hoping lumber prices will go down. I was suppose to have done that last year. Forgot what my excuse was then.

I don't have that issue. I have many little jobs that need to be done but I could not do because of my back being a train wreck. I hope to start on them mid September. When I start thinking about things I want to do I realize that I will loose interest 5 minutes later. It is the same when walking around a store full of cool stuff. I go to a Costco or a B Js and I could easily walk out with a truck load of stuff I want. By the time I am in my car I have a hard time thinking about any of it. I am already on to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
    Hadn't felt like doing a whole lot anyway.
    If yall need me to bring over some chicken soup, just holler.

You should have purchased stock in the Campbell's Soup Company this year. I have consumed many cans of their chicken noddle soup this year and I'm still consuming along with Premium Saltine soda crackers. I've lost my taste and smell now. I guess that has some advantages. I think I have turned the corner now, but my Bride is still struggling a little.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

Today have been thinking on a 5' branch for inside here.
    Got my tub in. The interior is 48'' long, 13" wide, 10"deep. How many gallons is that?
    Lets say 27gallons. That should be plenty.

I need enough to raise tadpoles in next year. More water is always better, but I am already exceeding my space here.

I need to get to HD in Taccoa next and buy a frame. I am thinking 2"X 12" boards. For a cap thinking thin 4" wide, will see what they have.

Name:  tub777.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  97.5 KB

Hot as hades today.
    Yall can work vicariously through me today. I ain't a young man anymore. Any movement in heat gets my attention!

I got 1" boards and caped with 2". That gives me a 1" overhang on the inside. That saved me 2" in overall width which is 16 1/2".
    I can live with that.
    After some sawing and screwing, have a tight frame.

Here it is assembled:

Name:  box.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  107.7 KB

Now I have to paint, might put that off till tomorrow, but it would be nice to get one coat on today. I am going with green.

Made myself paint. I hate to paint and I hate to dig.

My stain was labeled Pine Green. It is kinda bluish. I hope it drys more green. I may have to cover with a different color.

I ordered a 400gph Mag pump. Today after a week see Amazon has cancelled it. That may not be all bad. I have a few pumps in the shed. Most are too strong, some are too weak. One old pump I have not seen in years may work. It even has a small UV light. I suspect the UV no longer works, but if needed I could replace the UV tube in it. I don't need or want a lot of flow. I can slow the water down some, can't speed it up. The pump head will only be a couple feet.
    I am the only guy in a tie

So this is a tadpole tank????

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Gass View Post
    So this is a tadpole tank????

'Tadpole Farm'

Fed Ex lady just brought my waterfall:

Name:  wf.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  94.3 KB

I knew it would be big, but best size I could find. It is going to to work great, might even lure a bird or three?
    I can always move this to my deck fountain and bring that one here.

Looks very nice! I approve and will sign off just in case the County Inspector comes by. I just watched an old episode of "The Outer Limits" where Eddie Albert, his wife were trapped in an old farm house with it's owner out in the middle of nowhere after their car broke down. They were first trapped inside by tumble weeds (aliens), then by these large frogs, hundreds of them. Hope this project does not turn out to be a true episode of "The Outer Limits" where you are trapped inside and cannot escape because you are surrounded by large aggressive frogs. Season 2, Episode 6, "Cry of Silence" , Oct 24, 1964. Also stars June Havoc and Arthur Hunnicut.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
    Looks very nice! I approve and will sign off just in case the County Inspector comes by. .
    Ha ha. I am not on your level Mike. I did build the entire Catbird house this will reside in with help from my Beagle. It might stand another year, might collapse as no one signed off.

May the 'Tadpole Farm' prosper !!!
    Last edited by AgentOrange; 08-26-2021 at 01:18 PM.

No doubt the "Tadpole Farm" will prosper. You need no one to sign off on your projects. They speak for themselves. The "Catbird house" will stand for years and years to come. Your birds will see to that. I've been to "Callaway Gardens" bird house many years ago. Your "Catbird House" has them beat by a long shot. They don't have music, cold beer, friendly birds or a front row seat for the birds to come and look at you. You have a very unique setup. I liked it! Birds like it also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast