Thread: Hot Cat

Hot Cat

Chuck asked as to my heated cat pad.
    I like this one as it only heats up when a cat gets on it.
    I also have one for me to lean back on in my Dude Haus chair, and Chuck knows it works OK.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    I am the only guy in a tie

SMA
    A private "Galt's Gulch" in a Red state in the South
    Got one ordered for Belle. She'll love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Got one ordered for Belle. She'll love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Our cats are not permitted to leave the house. I believe as does my wife that they would get run over. They live a great life. They eat, sleep and then sleep some more. They are warm in winter and cool in summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Our cats are not permitted to leave the house. I believe as does my wife that they would get run over. They live a great life. They eat, sleep and then sleep some more. They are warm in winter and cool in summer.

SMA
    I live at the end of a dirt/gravel road, and my driveway is about 700 ft. long, so no problems with cats getting run over here.

Good fun --

Marty will not allow his cat outside, and Chuck will not allow his inside.
    At my house the cat decides.

SMA
    My cat is long haired and sheds pretty bad. We leave the doors to the basement open and she can choose outside or the basement. She's ready to come in every night and is happy in the basement. She'll be even happier with the heated cat pad.

Bellantana

Is that a photo I took?
    If so just developed it for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That plant in the background is one of my favorites. Willie (RIP) gave me some from his yard. It is fun all year. It has early flowers and then a few poping upn till frost.
    Leaves fall off in Winter and the branches are a lime green - nice.

Mine took a beating in the fire, kinda ragged now but survived. I expect good things in the Spring. I believe the name is something like japanese kerry or kerrie.

SMA
    I took the picture years ago. This plant is "Miss Huff Lantana". It dies down to the ground every year and we cut off the dead limbs. It comes back every spring.
    https://shop.pikenursery.com/lantana-miss-huff/

- - - Updated - - -

I took the picture years ago. This plant is "Miss Huff Lantana". It dies down to the ground every year and we cut off the dead limbs. It comes back every spring.
    https://shop.pikenursery.com/lantana-miss-huff/

Ok - different plant. I'll bring you a piece of mine.

I had hardy Lantana along my drive. Most seen are not the "hardy" version but one of the best annuals.

I doubt my female cat would want her feet to get dirty. While my street is not super busy it is too busy to have the cats roam around outside. The road behind my yard is very busy.

My other issue is based on my hatred of other peoples animals roaming in my yard. Some people let their dogs out for a few minutes so they can shit in someone else's yard etc and when cats roam they drive dogs in yards behind fences crazy which results in barking in the middle of the night. This does not seem to happen in my part of the neighborhood. It is only my opinion but roaming carnivores are varmints in a neighborhood. Out in the woods it is their turf. We have a lot of coyotes roaming around Charlotte. I could spend 20 minutes writing about people who own dogs that are not trained and some are not on a leash in the park etc.

Cats go where they go. That is their nature. Mine are safe and cannot bother anyone. BTW, my long hair cat sheds all the time. I vacuum regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt my female cat would want her feet to get dirty. While my street is not super busy it is too busy to have the cats roam around outside. The road behind my yard is very busy.

My other issue is based on my hatred of other peoples animals roaming in my yard. Some people let their dogs out for a few minutes so they can shit in someone else's yard etc and when cats roam they drive dogs in yards behind fences crazy which results in barking in the middle of the night. This does not seem to happen in my part of the neighborhood. It is only my opinion but roaming carnivores are varmints in a neighborhood. Out in the woods it is their turf. We have a lot of coyotes roaming around Charlotte. I could spend 20 minutes writing about people who own dogs that are not trained and some are not on a leash in the park etc.

Cats go where they go. That is their nature. Mine are safe and cannot bother anyone. BTW, my long hair cat sheds all the time. I vacuum regularly.