Thread: Muther Nature

Muther Nature

All men (or least all I call men) will quickly stand and protect the weak.
    That aint "natural" and why we are "men".
    I feed and protect critters. I want/demand them to play nice.

A Pine Siskin just landed in my Turtle pond. Birds love water, and I keeps lots out. Almost never does a bird land in the Turtle Pond (don't know why). I grabbed my camera for a photo, but was too late.
    The bird is now inside this frog. I hate that. WTF is Mother Nature thinking?

Name:  frog777.jpg
Views: 1944
Size:  193.8 KB

WE are once again the sleep headquarters for the area deer. Off and on they fill up our yard. I vacuum up leaves when cutting grass or just vacuuming up leaves and they are in big long piles in my natural area so there is some cover. As that stuff breaks down it gives off a little heat and the deer lay next to and partially on top of it. I guess it keeps them warm.

For several months we had some turkeys in McAlpine park in this one area. I say them every weekend morning while on a run. They are now gone. I don't know what turkey do when it gets into winter so maybe they are just deep in the wooded areas. I hope a coyote or some asshole's dog did not get them.

I enjoy the park as it is normally peaceful there especially when it starts to get cold or in mid summer when hot as there are not as many weekend warriors out there to disturb my peace. Now some guy rides his bike there with music playing and you can hear him for a good distance. Then there are the folks who are walking who must have phone conversations the entire time. I may have to start going to Anne Springs Greenway some of the time. They now charge a pretty good fee to use the park so maybe fewer people are there. It is all trails so it may be quieter since trail runners seem to be nature lovers and that may help.

- - - Updated - - -

WE are once again the sleep headquarters for the area deer. Off and on they fill up our yard. I vacuum up leaves when cutting grass or just vacuuming up leaves and they are in big long piles in my natural area so there is some cover. As that stuff breaks down it gives off a little heat and the deer lay next to and partially on top of it. I guess it keeps them warm.

For several months we had some turkeys in McAlpine park in this one area. I say them every weekend morning while on a run. They are now gone. I don't know what turkey do when it gets into winter so maybe they are just deep in the wooded areas. I hope a coyote or some asshole's dog did not get them.

I enjoy the park as it is normally peaceful there especially when it starts to get cold or in mid summer when hot as there are not as many weekend warriors out there to disturb my peace. Now some guy rides his bike there with music playing and you can hear him for a good distance. Then there are the folks who are walking who must have phone conversations the entire time. I may have to start going to Anne Springs Greenway some of the time. They now charge a pretty good fee to use the park so maybe fewer people are there. It is all trails so it may be quieter since trail runners seem to be nature lovers and that may help.

Timely post. This Winter I have a million Pine Siskins mentioned in the OP.
    They vary where they spend Winter, this year here. They will break my bird food budget. They are great little birds, but just too many.

Coyote are making life difficult eveywhere. There does not seem to be an answer.
    SC is trying, but failing.

When there I did not tolerate bikes on the 5K course or the Nature Trail where they were banned.
    It is dangerous.

One fun deal was if you hit the park early, you might see a beaver at the swamp behind the lake.

In some ways Anne Springs is a heroine to me.
    https://aapra.org/Awards/Pugsley-Med...iography/Id/38

I aint much, would have been nothing without the Springs family.
    I am the only guy in a tie

You would be shocked if you went to the park on a weekend now. I don’t mind bikes on the bike way if they are being responsible but many are just asshats. It is almost like they think that have to prove that they have a right to be there by almost running you over. I don’t get it.

- - - Updated - - -

You would be shocked if you went to the park on a weekend now. I don?t mind bikes on the bike way if they are being responsible but many are just asshats. It is almost like they think that have to prove that they have a right to be there by almost running you over. I don?t get it.

Yeah I started doing my day hikes again about a year ago at a local trail Lord hill I've hiked there off and on since I was a kid but took a several year break someone told the mountain biker community about the place apparently the couple months I hiked there again (quit before surgery) was almost run over repeatedly maybe a dozen bikes per hour long hike? It was crazy and this was during the week days.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I started doing my day hikes again about a year ago at a local trail Lord hill I've hiked there off and on since I was a kid but took a several year break someone told the mountain biker community about the place apparently the couple months I hiked there again (quit before surgery) was almost run over repeatedly maybe a dozen bikes per hour long hike? It was crazy and this was during the week days.
    Attached Images Attached Images