Chuck asked if I had seen any BullFrogs this year.
I see them all Winter. Like snakes and turtles, they don't actually hibernate. On any Sunny day one might choose to appear. BullFrogs eat anything they can stuff into their mouth, have seen them jump up trying to catch small birds. Like other cold blooded local critters, they can't digest food in Winter.

Some years I bring in BullFrog tadpoles. Watching them turn to frogs excites me as much as when I was ten.
The deal for most with a garden pond is a frog will stay forever if he is happy. In time, mine tend to drift to the lake. I have always had a few for the last 20 years, but they don't take over and don't lay eggs in my ponds. I do gather eggs from the lake (tree frogs) and add them to my frog pond where no fish are kept. K claims if the neighbor's knew the deafening sound they make in Summer was on me -> I would be ~~?

I can see I have at least 5 grown BullFrogs right now.
Pretty sure I will add a hundred BullFrog tadpoles this year because --> why not? I spread them among my 4 small ponds. They make a very interesting addition to an aquarium, but I can't risk something they might bring along to my aquarium, so keep them outside.
Here is one near my new alligator:

Name:  frog777.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  111.8 KB