Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Weather

  1. #16
    SGM
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toccoa & Clayton, GA
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Got the banner centered and the current weather from my dock posted.

    Tony, here is a link to find your nearest station:https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ga/clayton

    Look at this map and find one near your yard. Most get weather from some distance airport. Your yard might be very different from that.

    https://www.wunderground.com/wunderm...78&lon=-83.401
    After studying up on your weather post, I finally decided to purchase a weather station for my yard in Clayton. I bought the Logia 5-in-1 and I like it. After struggling to try to get it to sync I finally got it and it is working well. It took me a few days but I got it added to Weather Underground. My address is KGACLAYT34

    This is a neat thing to add as a hobby and everybody is interested in weather conditions before going outside!

    My station was a little more than $100 and it seems to work very well.

    https://logiaweatherstations.com/pro...ion-with-wi-fi

    and this is the link to my yard.
    https://www.wunderground.com/weather...ton/KGACLAYT34

  2. #17
    MG AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    11,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    After studying up on your weather post, I finally decided to purchase a weather station for my yard in Clayton.
    Welcome to the club. You will find it money well spent as it is very interesting. After collecting data for a few years, you can see trends.

    I have booked marked your station on Wunderground. We can compare weather.
    We don't live too far apart as the Crow flies, but our elevation is different, and you have more mountain shielding.

    My elevation is 665. and weather crosses over about a mile of lake to reach my station which is mounted on the dock.
    You can check your station by comparing your readings to those nearby.

    Now all on YC want you to share info about your Generator.

  3. #18
    Ok. I may have to buy one of these.

  4. #19
    MG AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    11,910
    Governor McMaster has proclaimed this week “South Carolina Citizen Weather Observer Week”. The week recognizes observers. Across South Carolina more than 80 volunteer their time to help track daily conditions and relay critical information.
    I'm always in the dark
    Living in a pony keg and giving off sparks

  5. #20
    SGM
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toccoa & Clayton, GA
    Posts
    833
    We got our first rainfall since installing our home weather station! It works!

    https://www.wunderground.com/dashboa...ocalwx_pwsdash

  6. #21
    MG AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    11,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    We got our first rainfall since installing our home weather station! It works!

    https://www.wunderground.com/dashboa...ocalwx_pwsdash

    Yeah, and I see nearby stations have similiar readings so you must have mounted it in a good location.
    So far we have recieved much less rain. You are at 1.38 and I am at .37.
    You can see the moving weather maps of the rain over on my page.

    http://tugalooriver.com

  7. #22
    MG AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    11,910
    I started redesigning my weather page and got distracted. I'll get back to it one day.
    Tony, the weather maps there cover your area. If you ever put up a page (say on Hiking South), feel free to borrow the code for the maps from my page.

    Those maps show what is coming to you.

  8. #23
    MG AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    11,910
    30 miles apart --

    Today Tony had high of 64 and low of 42. His high wind was 11.
    Here -- high was 68 and low was 49. High wind was 18.

    That is not similar.

  9. #24
    MG AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    11,910
    Tony, just checked your page. I see you will not have to water your grass tomorrow as a little rain fell today. Y ou may need a boat if you are going out.
    I'm always in the dark
    Living in a pony keg and giving off sparks

  10. #25
    SGM
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toccoa & Clayton, GA
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Tony, just checked your page. I see you will not have to water your grass tomorrow as a little rain fell today. Y ou may need a boat if you are going out.
    Yes, we went to Tallulah Gorge State Park to run / walk this morning and the flooding there was amazing! There is a hiking trail that is paved there and the portion at the parking lot was completely under water. The Tallulah River was roaring! At the lake, the dam flood gates were wide open and roaring.
    https://youtu.be/vB5jpdjzTJ8

    https://youtu.be/C-MtjGZqIOA

  11. #26
    MG AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    11,910
    Great chance to check how good your weather station is. Check the ones nearby, and if yours is similar as to this storm you are good to go. If not you have a problem.

  12. #27
    SGM
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toccoa & Clayton, GA
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    30 miles apart --

    Today Tony had high of 64 and low of 42. His high wind was 11.
    Here -- high was 68 and low was 49. High wind was 18.

    That is not similar.
    https://www.wunderground.com/dashboa...ocalwx_pwsdash

    The significant difference is elevation. We are at 2182 ft and you are less than 1000 ft I think.

  13. #28
    MG AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    11,910
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Great chance to check how good your weather station is. Check the ones nearby, and if yours is similar as to this storm you are good to go. If not you have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    https://www.wunderground.com/dashboa...ocalwx_pwsdash

    The significant difference is elevation. We are at 2182 ft and you are less than 1000 ft I think.
    I know, our yards and most yards are different. I did not mean compare to me, but stations near you, a couple are near Clayton.

  14. #29
    SGM
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toccoa & Clayton, GA
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I know, our yards and most yards are different. I did not mean compare to me, but stations near you, a couple are near Clayton.
    Yes, I was just responding to your comment that these are not similar. I do compare mine to those in my general area.

  15. #30
    MG AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    11,910
    At 3PM see Tony has had .56in and temp is 59.
    I have .32 and it is 64.
    I'm always in the dark
    Living in a pony keg and giving off sparks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •