Thread: Corn Flakes for Birds

CSM

Corn Flakes for Birds

I think I discovered a good food for ground feeders. I have been having lots of Juncos feeding on the ground beneath my feeders. So I scattered some finely crushed corn on the ground and they loved it. My corn supply ran out so I thought that maybe some of my corn flakes would be good for my ground feeding birds. So I crushed some up and scattered them and they love it! I am going to Walmart and buy a big box of cheap brand of cornflakes and keep them on hand for my birds. Chipping sparrows seem to love them too. Bill will let me know if there is anything wrong with this....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    . Bill will let me know if there is anything wrong with this....
    How would I know?

I know I have not been to Walmart or any mart for months. I stopped going when SC cases were around 30 a day, now they are over 5000.

I have no Juncos.

Some critters I can see from my chair. I am too lazy to walk around, so sit and wait.

Name:  Brown.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  121.4 KB

Name:  Devil.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  125.9 KB

Name:  downey.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  181.5 KB

Name:  fish.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  He.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  140.1 KB

Name:  Pine.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  77.2 KB

Name:  purple.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  113.7 KB

Name:  she.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  116.1 KB

Name:  turtle.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  122.0 KB

Name:  white.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  91.1 KB

That is a large neighborhood cat, belongs to no one, lives outside. I am his only friend. He eats the best food I can find.

Nice bird pics! Look like they belong in National Geographic Magazine. Red Cardinal pic belongs on some type of greeting card. Large cat looks like he means business.

Great photos. I noticed yesterday at the park that there is much more bird activity and deer activity. Up until a few days ago we had tons of deer in the front yard at night and in the pack yard much of the time. With all the rain I have so much deer track around my yard that it looks like I raise them.

Lots of holly berries this year and lots of birds. More will come now that the feeders are getting filled and we put food on the ground all the time.

All cats mean business. They have no control over their hunting instincts. I think it is interesting how different cats and dogs are in that respect. Cats live with us and tolerate us. Dogs would die for us.

CSM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
    Nice bird pics! Look like they belong in National Geographic Magazine. Red Cardinal pic belongs on some type of greeting card. Large cat looks like he means business.
    As usual, Bill's nature photography is unsurpassed .... spectacular!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    How would I know?

I know I have not been to Walmart or any mart for months. I stopped going when SC cases were around 30 a day, now they are over 5000.
    We now have a number to call in Rabun Co. to sign up for an appointment for 65 and over to get the vaccine. If my doctor approves, I am going to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    We now have a number to call in Rabun Co. to sign up for an appointment for 65 and over to get the vaccine. If my doctor approves, I am going to get it done.
    It will be awhile before I can get one. It looks like I might become eligible at the end of April.

SMA
    A private "Galt's Gulch" in a Red state in the South
    Yes, the photography is very nice. I am so looking forward to spring. I got my first shot Friday, and have an appointment to get the 2nd shot Feb. 5. I hope the vaccination ends up putting the pandemic to a screeching halt.