Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomato Expert

SGM
    I planted my tomatoes and peppers a couple of weeks ago when the weather was warm. Now, it looks like I will have to cover them to protect them from a likely frost or freeze this Wed and Thur. A late frost/freeze sometimes happens in this area and I should have waited a couple of more weeks before planting.

It is Yard Crap's fault when y'all kept putting up posts about your fancy tomato contraptions!

1SG
    A private "Galt's Gulch" in a Red state in the South
    Yeah, the foretasted low for here tomorrow night is 37. I haven't planted mine in the big containers on the boat dock yet, so I can still move them inside. My wife planted a bunch of annuals in pots yesterday. Looks like we may be moving them in for a few nights. Surely after this week we'll be OK.

I pretend to be tuff, but it does hurt when I post words and photos of my crap here hoping yall might respond and post a word of encouragement or maybe say, "That won't work." (or just "Hello")

Yall here on YC are my friends. I don't have any face to face friends as I am a happy "Classic Introvert".

Not being dumb, generally don't plant until around April 10th or when the ground is 65degrees. Planting early does not give you a head start as maters like warm dirt. No matter as this year leaned on my Druid roots and planted as I celebrated the first day of Spring. Global Warming may give us a frost tomorrow night. I mean - well I don't keep up with politics but frost is what it is, never hit here after April 10 in the last 20 years. Maybe the globe is cooling? I will just put a bucket over them. Cold is not the deal, but frost can kill.

If I am wiped out, it would have been the same if I had not Druid planted, but waited till ~ Starting over is "gardening". I would hate to post how many plants of all types I have destroyed experimenting.
    I'm always in the dark
    Living in a pony keg and giving off sparks

You will be okay. A little frost will not get in your way. I don't have faith in many people, but I have faith in you. You know to do to keep the frost off. You will have an excellent crop this year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123