I have not been a happy camper these last few days.
In addition to the Chinese virus out there hoping to kill me, after 14 years developed a problem in one outdoor pond. I feel sure it arrived with the tadpoles I bought last month.

A problem with fungus or disease in say my 150 gallon indoor aquarium is what it is. I have not had a problem in my aquarium for 20 years mainly because I would never add a fish not quarantined, and have a filter that goes to microns. You can't filter an outdoor pond like that.

A problem in my 4000 gallon pond is also different from an aquarium due to the cost medication would take for that much water.

----------

I drained the pond down from 4ft to about a foot deep. Best and cheapest would be to add a few gallons of bleach, but I take responsibility for my critters seriously, so trying a different way first.

I had no hope for the fish, but for the turtles don't seem to have been effected. A few of the fish seem immune. Getting fish is easier than turtles. I have been adding something called Proform-C Broad Spectrum Disease Treatment every 8 hours which is $108 for a gallon.

Today I filled up the pond, still will be adding the medication but only once a day due to the increased volume for a few days. The pond is a rather nice dark blue (I prefer clear). Over a couple weeks I will achieve clear again. Will anything be alive?

I also hooked in a new 40watt UV light said to be good for 6000 gallons. This thing should Zap some problems. Name:  pond.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  6.0 KB

My pond has been healthy, endless fun, and mostly trouble free for many years. Things change. Now I need a bio hazard suit to go buy beer, and my pond needs help too.
I am up to it --