Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in your backyard today - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's in your backyard today

Shame on all my YardCrap friends who don't have their HummingBird Feeders out.

They hit the SC coast a week ago. 4 out of the last 10 years they have arrived in my yard on April 2nd. Maybe some years they were here and I did not see one. Anyway, with this being a Leap Year with an extra day added in Feb to throw us off (not them), they might arrive on April 1st as sort of a joke.

I am ready. Get yours out there. The little guys will have just accomplished an incredible feat and a free meal is the least we can do.

Here is a photo of a beautiful, hungry female I took with a point and shoot camera. They get tame and you can have fun with any camera, or even a phone camera.

Attachment 368

Mix the feed 1 part sugar to 4 parts water. If you don't have a feeder, A small bowl will do until you get to town.

Why should I bother ? The rain drops are bigger than they are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSG
    We must have some tough squirrels down here in texas! Got home from running errands this afternoon, and look what I found!
    Name:  IMG_0361a.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  95.0 KBName:  IMG_0362a.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  104.9 KBName:  IMG_0363a.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  117.2 KB
    The little bastard squirrel had been up on top of the squirrel buster bird feeder several times this week, gnawing on the top. Never dreamed he could chew through aluminum! Sent an email to the manufacturer. They have a lifetime warranty, so hope they will replace the top. We must have some tough squirrels down here in texas!

God bless Texas ! LOL

If you have to replace it, I recommend one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Droll-Yankees-...3653931&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Droll-Yankees-...3653317&sr=8-2

I have had a couple each for many years. The Squirrels and raccoons have not damaged them.

Here is the difference in them:

- the Flipper uses a rechargeable battery. When a critter tugs at it, the platform spins. It works really well. The battery charge last for months, but as it is a battery, will eventually die and my guess is that replacement would be high. My batteries are dead, but they did last for years. Mine are situated so Squirrels can not get to the food, so they still work for me.

- the Whipper lets each perch dip when anything heavy lands on it. It will not hold as heavy a bird as the Flipper. Cardinals and Gross-beaks eat at mine, so no big deal. It would not support a Dove or Grackle. In the future I would just buy this one.

Both of these are durable and work well. Each hold about 5 pounds of seed and have 4 stations at the bottom. Tons of Sun Flower seed have gone through mine, and they have been worked over by creatures for years. They are still working - except the battery.

They also have one called "Dipper". It is made as a hopper style millet feeder and while the top is identical to the two above, the mechanism tips too easily. I find ways to use it, but do not recommend it.

MSG
    Thanks Bill. I'll check those out. Hoping they will send me a replacement part.

MSG
    Got a call from the manufacturer on Friday. They are sending the complete top assembly to me on Monday, so should have it sometime next week. Asked the lady I was talking to about improvements to the top, and she said they were already working on that. Should be out later this year. And if I want a new style top, they will send it to me free! I like that company!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Got a call from the manufacturer on Friday. They are sending the complete top assembly to me on Monday, so should have it sometime next week. Asked the lady I was talking to about improvements to the top, and she said they were already working on that. Should be out later this year. And if I want a new style top, they will send it to me free! I like that company!
    Must be an American company.

Cleaned out the pond today & planted some pansies & snap dragons. No pics of the flowers, but the pond was FULL of leaves:

MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Must be an American company.
    They are a Canadian company.
    http://bromebirdcare.com/
    Brome Bird Care
    331 Knowlton Road
    Knowlton, Quebec J0E 1V0
    1.800.856.5685 Fax: 450.243.1322

info@bromebirdcare.com

Bunch of FN ducks but I'm tired of resizing the photo to the limit...4 times is enough!!!!
    Life is a roller coaster.....throw your arms up and have fun!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingman View Post
    Bunch of FN ducks but I'm tired of resizing the photo to the limit...4 times is enough!!!!
    You old farts make Clemson look bad. There are a million free photo tools out there.

I use http://download.cnet.com/Paint-NET/3...-10338146.html

Read between the fingers.....:confusion:

MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    You old farts make Clemson look bad.
    Ain't that like the pot calling the kettle black though!!

Name:  Duckies.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  69.2 KBOk...let's try this...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.