Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's in your backyard today

Had a woodpecker in the yard today but didn't have the good camera on hand, maybe he'll be back tomorrow, beautiful bird, spent a good half hour on the snag today, fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by kingman View Post
    Mr. confortable.....
    He was in your back yard? I thought I lived on the rough side of town!!

Red-bellied wood peckers show up at daylight in my window feeder by the bed - drives the cats crazy.

Here is a Red-headed that has not yet showed this year. He is on some firewood I drilled holes in and pack with home made suet. All my Wood peckers, (also have Downy, Hairy, Yellow-bellied, Pileated, and Flicker) eat the suet mix. The Yellow-bellied and Red-headed are seasonal migrants here.

Attachment 367

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    That little bastard! They are very smart, and can steal anything you put out if it's not chained down. It could have been a raccoon too. They are even more smart than those squirrels.
    Yeah, have a Coon raiding me. Unlike squirrels, they hit at night. I get them from time to time. I trap them and move them to the nearby park/boat landing about 5 miles a way.
    This one is drinking my Hummingbird feeders dry among other things. They are cute as hell, but tear up my stuff, so I catch and move them. This one will not go into the trap. Maybe he is a returnee I caught before.

I'm sure your neighbors to live 5 miles away appreciate you delivering raccoons to their back door~

Quote Originally Posted by TNRabbit View Post
    I'm sure your neighbors to live 5 miles away appreciate you delivering raccoons to their back door~
    It is down on Core owned property - that is why I take them there. I don't want people hurting them. I like them, but they don't mix in a yard with 20-30 bird feeders. They need to live somewhere and most never know they are around.
    I live out a ways, plenty of room for them around here.

This morning before day light Rosey was going crazy wanting out. I could smell a whiff of Skunk out there, so no way. Nothing is less fun than hauling your dog in the shower with cans of tomato juice.

Finally caught him last night.

MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Finally caught him last night.
    The Coon or the skunk?

I don't worry about the skunk. It would be too hard to get him out of the trap. Skunks are actually good for a garden as they eat grubs. They also are poor climbers, so not much of a problem.

MSG
    LOL, yeah, don't think I'd want to catch a skunk in a live trap! Getting him out could be a real problem. :D

Rain,Rain,Rain,Mud,Mud,Mud........................ ..........I'm so sick of rain. Supposed to break an all time rain record today. OH Boy. I'm so happy about that. Have to put the shepherd out for his morning duties and it's pouring again. I'm going nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

inactive
    a pool full of swamp green water....

No bullfrogs and lillypads ? :)

MSG
    Send it on down here to Texas. We still need for Lake Travis to come up another 31 feet!

Tell Ratheon to fire up The H.A.A.R.P. and to start directing all of these low pressure systems down your way ! :)

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

Last edited by simpleman; 03-31-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.