Thread: Critters and Bird Feeders

CSM

Critters and Bird Feeders

Recently, we have had problems with some critter taking down our feeders at night. The other morning we woke up to all of our feeders on the ground and we knew we had a problem! Is it a bear or what? Even the hummingbird feeders were down and drained.

So, I put out the wildlife camera focused on the hummer feeder to see if I could get a photo of the culprit. This is the feeder below our garage in the daytime.

Name:  humfeeder.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  122.7 KB

This is my camera shot of this feeder at night! You can see the culprit causing all the problems. Glad it was a raccoon and not a bear! Rabun Co. is definitely bear country.

Name:  racoon.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  89.4 KB

I ordered 3 more dome baffles from Amazon to help deter. In the meantime, I am taking the feeders into the garage at night.

- - - Updated - - -

This is another critter that likes to visit our feeders. Our dog "Coco" likes to chase them off.

Attachment 6832

He was hungry. Would make a good coon skin hat for this winter though.

CSM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

This is another critter that likes to visit our feeders. Our dog "Coco" likes to chase them off.

Attachment 6832
    for some reason the photo did not show on the previous post.

Name:  squirrell.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  149.0 KB

We shot those with 22 rifles as a kid and mama fried them like chicken. Have not eaten once since I was a kid. I kept the tale hanging in my room back then.

I wish I had had my camera or phone Sunday afternoon. 3 very large bucks were in my back yard and one was really big with a big rack. I see lots of female dear but rarely see bucks. I have a photo of one from last year and he was good size and had a medium rack but the big guy Sunday was really big.They seem to like my bird seed and the various plants in the yard.

My area is eat up with deer and wild turkey.
    I put out food stations, plant Winter grass, etc. They seldom show up.
    I see them often, but not in my yard.
    WHY!!!?

Coons and possums raid feeders including some tasty Hummingbird water.
    I have found ways to ~~~
    All these are welcome here as my Bride is is charge of that -- and in charge of me.
    In fact, there are few things as beneficial to a flower or vegetable garden as these guys.
    They are welcome here.

In the day fought squirrels by trapping and moving, now I am ashamed to admit I did that.
    I need squirrels as few critters are as much fun to watch. I love squirrels.
    Due to K's cats, most have moved out. Send me your squirrels, no bird is as much fun.
    I am the only guy in a tie