Thread: Fun at the Millet Feeder

CSM

Fun at the Millet Feeder

Today, I had lots of activity at the white millet feeder. I decided to try catching some action with my wildlife action activated camera. I am thinking about buying a similar but better BirdCam. Still it gave some pretty good video. I used a tripod and set the camera a few feet from the feeder. Here is a one minute or so video of the action. Indigo Bunting, sparrows, female cardinal and a couple that I am not sure of.
    https://youtu.be/_ImH-NZqbd0

Nice birds enjoying the day and the meal provided for them. I bet they are happy and sleeping good tonight. Very good video! Thank You!

That is very good Tony.
    What type cam do you have and what are you thinking on upgrading to?

I have an older wildlife cam I use sometimes at night to find out who is about. The night photos are not great, but fun. The day ones are better. The movies it makes are good.
    I am less interested in movies than photos, but have it set to do both.

Are a couple of those Cowbirds? I hate those. They love millet.

The 3rd is clearly a Chipping Sparrow. This is a Winter favorite of mine, don't feel like it is Winter until about a hundred arrive. They are the reason I buy millet in 50# bags.
    They migrate, but all through Summer a couple still show up so the books are wrong.

CSM
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Are a couple of those Cowbirds? I hate those. They love millet.

The 3rd is clearly a Chipping Sparrow. This is a Winter favorite of mine, don't feel like it is Winter until about a hundred arrive. They are the reason I buy millet in 50# bags.
    They migrate, but all through Summer a couple still show up so the books are wrong.
    I thought that was a Chipping Sparrow but was not sure. I don't think those others were cow birds since I have not seen any since springtime but the lighting was not good so I am not sure.

My camera is also a wildlife camera that I bought several years ago to play with and maybe see what was showing up in our pasture area. We have had some problems with Groundhogs and gophers.

I have been looking at Wingscapes Bird cams and some better trail cams but have not decided. I found this article about the comparison. http://www.birdwatching-bliss.com/bi...omparison.html Let me know if you have any ideas on the subject.