Thread: Not a lot going on

Hybrid View

Not a lot going on

A Downy is eating on my old suet log hanging a few feet away.
    I bet her Mom ate there, and maybe her Grand Ma.

Makes my Day!

Got up too early, worked too hard, and gave out.
    Today is a lazy, hazy Summer day. I like it.
    People in France are dying from what is a normal Summer here. Many do not have air conditioning. AC stops up my sinuses, so prefer being out here on the porch.

As usual in Summer, my birds are less. A few Titmouse and a couple Chipping Sparrows were keeping me company -- then this guy showed up:
    Name:  redyc.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  83.3 KB

This is a young male Summer Tanager.

Also this Indigo Bunting has arrived for millet.
    Name:  indegoyc.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  45.3 KB

You can't get this much excitement indoors.

Here are a couple turtles up on my Toad House. One is a Red-eared Slider, and the other is a Mississippi Map Turtle.
    Name:  turtleyc.jpg
Views: 1568
Size:  83.3 KB

A few frogs are about, but the ones just becoming frogs are more fun today.
    Name:  frog799.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  frog2yc.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  81.4 KB

Here is a fly on the wall. This near photo and the ones across the yard were all taken with the same lens an Olympus 300mm. Of course these photos are cut from many MBs to a few KBs to post here.
    Name:  fly1000.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  57.1 KB
    I am the only guy in a tie

SMA
    A private "Galt's Gulch" in a Red state in the South
    Life is happening all around, and you have a place with the habitat that attracts cool wildlife. I was determined to have a relaxing afternoon on the dock, but it was too hot to read. Just as I got the boat put up after a short cruise, my neighbor called. His boat had died on him, and he needed me to come tow him in. I was needing some lake time regardless of the circumstances, so I was glad to help. The only wildlife I seem to have in abundance here is squirrels.

CSM
    Amusement.... I have been sitting here listening to a Mockingbird that is perched high atop a tree. It is always fun to hear all of the different birds that it imitates. It seems like the bird is just happy and having fun and showing off with all the different songs.

I left for Augusta Thursday morning and visited one of the paper mills there for an hour or two and then headed to my hotel. Ran for an hour on the treadmill and then went to Chili''s and had a few beers and a few margaritas. Went home Friday and ran some errands and then ran for a while and then ate dinner with the wife when she got home from work. Spent the early part of the week in the Atlanta area and then headed home and then left again.

Today I road my new bike for a bit over an hour and then cut the grass. Hot and humid. A good day.