A College football team is about more than one player.
A very talented player on a team can make the needed difference in some games, but cannot stand alone. Football is a team game.

The enemy arrives hoping to strike at the weakest positions. Guys playing as a "team" often beat more talented opponents, that happens every week.
On all teams some players man their positions at a higher level. As they are just kids, gaining experience is everything. A kid can go from the bench to 'all star' over a college career as they improve quickly at that age.

For years under Coach Dabo the TIGERS have guys at every position that are "trained up" after they arrive.
Lately some arrive with more potential than we are used to seeing on campus (I live up the road). Hard to explain, but once the word got out, guys with more talent started choosing Clemson. The best player to come in is impossible to pick as the list is growing. Kids not judged by experts as high on the talent list and even "walk ons" keep making it to the NFL after 4 or 5 years in the "Dabo System".

So where is this ramble going?

Last season an 18 year old kid showed up as a Tiger QB even though the list of talent at the position was rock solid, and he was not likely to play much for a couple years. Not many will choose that route. He was born in TN and played high school in Georgia. History showed he had talent:
It is difficult to play at a top high school in Georgia like Cartersville; in the 9th grade - nope!

- 9th grade - 3,042 yards and 26 touchdowns
- 10th grade - 3,655 yards and 43 touchdowns
- 11th grade - 3,904 yards and 51 touchdowns
- 12th grade - broke the Georgia state record for passing yards and passing touchdowns
His Cartersville team had 41 straight victories, and that is impossible in Georgia.

At Clemson so far he has played in 15 games. The Tigers went 15-0 during that time (never before in history has any team accomplished that). He now has Championship rings for the ACC and the NCAA. Of course that was not all on him, but he helped. During those 15 games the Power Rangers were the force.

In his freshman year at Clemson he was named MVP after the Tigers beat an undefeated Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl.
He was MVP in the National Championship game against an undefeated Alabama.
He was National Freshman of the Year.
He was ACC Rookie of the Year

This season he must step up his game as the Power Rangers are all now in the NFL.
Actually at 17 he was already stepping up by committing to Clemson early and then recruiting his friends. His team mates are eager and will be making plays, the load is not on him.

The guys remains humble and kind of low key. I would be more like Manziel. Like me, Trevor loves to go fishing, so living on Lake Hartwell is a plus for he and I. Maybe he will hit the lake someday with me?

Lawrence is a Christian. Lawrence has said, "Football's important to me, but it's not my life. It's not the biggest thing in my life. My faith is. That just comes from kind of knowing who I am outside of that. I just know, no matter how big the situation is, it is not really going to define me...I put my identity in what Christ says, who He thinks I am, and who I know that He says I am."

Go TIGERS !!!

TREVOR800.jpg