Thread: Critters Today

Hybrid View

Critters Today

Great day for doing nothing on the porch after days of rain.
    As the Sun is back, have 4 turtles basking.
    My frog population is ?? Frogs at my place are hard to predict. I have a few ponds they are raised in, but most tend to disappear, especially after a rain. I guess they use the rains to keep them hydrated as they drift down to the lake. New ones are still popping out, but I don't see any adults today. I suspect some are about.

Bird watching is OK, but of course many less to watch. I can't pay them to feed at my place right now.

- Titmouse
    - Chickadee
    - Gold Finch
    - House Finch
    - Cardinal
    - White-breasted Nuthatch
    - Red-breasted Woodpecker
    - Dove
    - Wren
    - Cowbird
    - Chipping Sparrow
    - Humming Bird
    - Downy Woodpecker
    - Indigo Bunting

The Bunting was a treat, don't see one often. My Red-headed Woodpecker shows up still, but not regularly.

I know all will be excited to hear that today two Brown-headed Nuthatch are working over the porch feeders.
    I am positive yall had been worried as to them as they nested.

CSM
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I know all will be excited to hear that today two Brown-headed Nuthatch are working over the porch feeders.
    I am positive yall had been worried as to them as they nested.
    That is good news!

I have been seeing one occasionally at my feeder that is hanging from a Dogwood tree. I normally see the White-breasted but started paying more attention and started noticing the Brown-headed since you mentioned it in an earlier post. They are fun to watch climbing down to the feeder head-first as do the white-breasted.

I have 3 rabbits playing chase with each other this evening in my back yard. They are neighborhood rabbits and come out every evening. Very entertaining to watch. They appear to be having fun and enjoy each other.