Thread: Clemson 2020 Recruiting

Clemson 2020 Recruiting

Dabo rarely offers an underclassman. He does not believe they are ready to commit until they can shop around to find where they fit.

Unlike at some schools, an offer from Clemson is a solid committment on the Tiger side that will not be withdrawn if a more flashy kids wants the slot. Once on board the staff is 100% there to help and guide a kid. That is priceless.
    To that end, Dabo asks any kid who commits to be positive and be "all in" which means no more visits.
    Visits are great fun for kids, but until "all in" -- can't go TIGER.

How are we doing for 2020?
    It is too early to do rankings, and that is just media/fan fun and obviouly means nothing or Clemson would not be winning against the Blue Bloods that are always top 5 or at least 10.
    Many of out best have not gained notice until they were here 4 or 5 years. Top players sign at top schools thinking 3 years and to the NFL.

Actually I think Clemson was #10 (or close) last year for 2019. That was due to taking so many kids.
    In 2018 there was just room for a few so Tigers ranked low but it was a great class. For 2020 maybe 20 will find a spot. Rankings are effected greatly by numbers so WTF does it actually mean? Much better is to get great guys who can also play football.

For 2020 in early May Clemson has 13 guys, and room for maybe 20.
    The big deal is to replace the linemen. 2 each of OT, DT, and 3 OG have committed, so all is very, very good.

QB is always a big deal for any college, but Clemson can get by without one this cycle. It is difficult to find a star kid who will come knowing he will be on the bench for a couple years.

Running backs are needed. This week a top one from Florida came on board. Bowman was expected to go Gator, but is now Tiger. By all accounts he is special.
    https://247sports.com/player/demarkcus-bowman-46048830/

From 247sports:

"The future of a program will change Sunday when five-star quarterback DJ Uiagalelei announces his college decision. That might sound a bit hyperbolic, but Uiagalelei ranks as the No. 3 overall player in the Top247 for a reason: He’s one of the best quarterback prospects ever.

Uiagalelei stands 6-foot-4, 240 pounds. He’s a prototypical pro-style passer with the arm strength to match that distinction; 247Sports gives his arm strength a rare “10 of 10" distinction. The California native is also a plus athlete and a potential pro baseball player, making him one of the more intriguing prospects in the 2020 cycle."

Uiagalelei announced via Twitter earlier this week he’s down to three schools: Clemson, Oregon and Mt. San Antonio College (his dad and four of his uncles all played there).

Most likely he will not choose Clemson and will stay closer to home at Oregon where his childhod heroes played - Masoli and Mariota, both of whom showed on his last visit to welcome and encourage him. That is hard to top.

Also, he can't start at Clemson as knocking Trevor Lawrence out is not going to happen. Trevor might even be around two more years.

Apparently, what Clemson has going is his Mom wanted to taste Carolina fried green tomatoes. She came here on a visit, she tasted and liked them. I think we have a shot as the food here is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    D.J. Uiagalelei chose the Tigers.
    uiagalelei_dJ_trophy_800-479.jpg
    He is a big kid at 6'5" 240lbs with a year of high school ball to play.
    He plays at a big time California high school that will play 5 out of state schools this season around the country including 3 on the East Coast . Not many high schools can do that.
    He has been bred for years to be special.

He will play Baseball too and has a 95mph fastball.

All say his best trait may be selflessness. He said yesterday one reason Clemson stood out was that all the players there had humility.
    “I could just feel the Holy Spirit telling me that’s the place for me, where I should go to college at,” Uiagalelei. “I didn’t commit until the spring game, but I knew in my heart since June, that’s where I wanted to go.”

I did not believe he would come here due to competition. We have Trevor Lawrence and Phommachanah on Campus. U is going to warm the bench at Clemson. He says he likes competition and will be happy to have the opportunity to learn from these guys.

I am truly amazed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    D.J. Uiagalelei chose the Tigers.
    uiagalelei_dJ_trophy_800-479.jpg
    He is a big kid at 6'5" 240lbs with a year of high school ball to play.
    He plays at a big time California high school that will play 5 out of state schools this season around the country including 3 on the East Coast . Not many high schools can do that.
    He has been bred for years to be special.

He will play Baseball too and has a 95mph fastball.

All say his best trait may be selflessness. He said yesterday one reason Clemson stood out was that all the players there had humility.
    “I could just feel the Holy Spirit telling me that’s the place for me, where I should go to college at,” Uiagalelei. “I didn’t commit until the spring game, but I knew in my heart since June, that’s where I wanted to go.”

I did not believe he would come here due to competition. We have Trevor Lawrence and Phommachanah on Campus. U is going to warm the bench at Clemson. He says he likes competition and will be happy to have the opportunity to learn from these guys.

I am truly amazed!
    You need to put that British image on FB.

You need to put that British image on FB.
    Ha that was a mistake upload and not for this thread. It is a good jpeg.
    Tony you put it on FB. I only open that place up after a few bottles.
    * * * Deo Vindice * * *
    I don't know where it's leading me to
    But I know I can make it if I lean on you

Tonight Clemson signed the #1 player from Georgia, Defensive End Myles Murphy

I really was hoping my DAWG fans would give us some props on this guy as I did on Sherman.

Another 5 star 2020 commit for the Dawgs. This is a beast of a linebacker that chose Georgia over Ohio State. He said he really enjoyed his visits to GA. Very smart and articulate and says that the deciding factor was how GA recruited his Mom and Dad. He says that family is very important to him. Ranked 11th all time as a UGA Commit. Kind of a big deal.
    Myles Murphy is rated the best player in Georgia and the top DE in the USA. Tony mentioned Sherman is smart. Murphy is also that, and one reason he picked Clemson is he liked the Engineering Department here.
    That is not normal. Being a college football player is tough and a full time job. All who have been around college know the Engineering students have a very heavy load to bear. Can a guy do both?
    As it happens, the Tiger "O" Coordinator did both at Clemson.

Tigers Strike Again !!

Here is a guy the Tigers have been hard after. Blue Bloods like Georgia, Alabama, OHS don't want the kid and did not offer.

Clemson has never had a top 5 class, maybe 2018 was top ten? That says a lot. The Tigers take in kids the coaches feel fit in here and develop them into to NFL players. Apparently they have a clue.
    2 of the last 3 Nattys were won by Clemson with these low star and zero star type guys.

No one today knows the name of RB Kobe Pryor, but one day all will. It is the pattern here. The coaches believe this Georgia boy is the real deal. All who disagree and are a better judge of kids raise your hand.

MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I really was hoping my DAWG fans would give us some props on this guy as I did on Sherman.
    Yes, Myles Murphy is another great recruit for the Tigers. He narrowed his choices to Clemson and Auburn. Both schools have great Engineering programs so it came down to the football programs. No contest there with Clemson winning two out of the last three National Championships. The kid looks to be great all around. Clemson is on a roll and and there is no end in sight.

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-c...er-of-5-stars-

Yes, Myles Murphy is another great recruit for the Tigers. He narrowed his choices to Clemson and Auburn. Both schools have great Engineering programs so it came down to the football programs. No contest there with Clemson winning two out of the last three National Championships. The kid looks to be great all around. Clemson is on a roll and and there is no end in sight.
    These kids are years out. They have another year of high school ball, then maybe a red shirt or back up year.

For the coming season Clemson will again be relying on guys who were not a priory for some schools.
    5 star guys expect to play. They can't at places like Georgia and Alabama. Maybe they could here, but we get few of those. Kids coming here need a few years with good coaches. That has been working out.

The Tiger team guys taking the field for 2019 are not a top ten class. Many have worked for years just to gain the field.
    I think they will do OK.