Oct. 12 SOUTH CAROLINA
    Oct. 19 KENTUCKY
    Oct. 26 Open Date
    Nov. 2 vs. Florida (Jacksonville)
    Nov. 9 MISSOURI
    Nov. 16 at Auburn
    Nov. 23 TEXAS A&M
    Nov. 30 at Georgia Tech

Anyway you look at it, this is a schedule that puts Georgia back into the championship game against Alabama (yes, I also believe Alabama will be in it).

As to the Final Four, the game against Notre Dame is what they lacked last season.

Games they could loose (but won't) are:
    -- Notre Dame who will again have lots of talent. This is in Athens.
    -- Florida will be improved.
    -- Texas will be improved. This is in Athens.
    -- I have no idea who Auburn will be.
    Georgia will be favored in every game. It is difficult and rare for any team to run the table, but Georgia will be favored to do that.

Georgia looks to have the #2 recruiting class with at least 4 Five Stars and 16 Four Stars.
    On a normal team, this would be like the Calvary to the rescue. A great season would be expected. At Georgia, it will be difficult for these guys to get playing time. A couple will add, but Georgia does not need to rely on freshmen.

The bigger deal is last year's recruits when Georgia landed 7 Five Stars and 14 Four Stars.

No one is recruiting like Kirby, no one.
    The 2019 Georgia Bulldogs will be the most talented team in the country.
    They are deep at every position and have an incredible, experienced QB.

I personally think the preseason polls should take up where the last season finished as teams earned that.
    It don't work that way. So called "experts" look at who is at spring practice, and look at the schedule.
    Using that standard, Georgia should be the pre-season #1 team in the USA. Normally they just say "Alabama", and may again because they are idiots.

Kirby Smart and his staff are great recruiters but the game planning and game coaching have not impressed me as being top level. Losing Chaney as offensive coordinator to Tennessee is not a loss in my opinion. With the top level horses that GA had on offense, they needed to find more imaginative ways to get them the ball. They were way too predictable!

With Chaney gone, James Coley will be promoted to offensive coordinator which is likely a good thing, although there are rumors that he might be promoted to an NFL job.?

Of course, Georgia lost their defensive coordinator Mel Tucker to a head coaching job at Colorado and his replacement is still up in the air. Having unsettled coordinators at this stage is not good for recruiting.

At this point, I would not put GA in the top 4 pre-season polls. I love the Dawgs but I need to be realistic. Clemson should definitely be #1 and I think they will be.

I think Clemson should be ranked #1 as they earned it.
    I think polls should begin where they left off.
    Clemson will not be in first in many polls as those are for the clairvoyant.
    This Tiger team will be less than last year, and no shame in that.

Georgia will be improved, and not because of the #1 recruiting class they just assembled.
    Last season was the 36-16 loss to LSU which kept them from the FF games, the 35-28 loss to Alabama, and the 28-21 loss to Texas.

This year there is no LSU or Alabama in the regular season. Notre Dame, Florida, and Texas A&M are the tough games. Florida is neutral and the others are home games.
    Georgia is experienced and deep. Georgia has a QB who has tested great and has experience.

Georgia will be favored by Vegas in all games. Any clairvoyant can see Georgia in the Final Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    Kirby Smart and his staff are great recruiters but the game planning and game coaching have not impressed me as being top level.

My opinion as to Kirby is improving, not just the program, but his personal game.
    Should he have done more with the talent Georgia has?
    He has certainly brought in talent to keep Georgia at the top for years to come. He has done an amazing job so far in all areas.

It is not just difficult, but rare to go undefeated. Teams stumble. Guys are banged up for games. The ball bounces wrong. Starting 2019, odds are great that all teams will loose a game or more.

Kirby seems to be more than up to the task of leading Georgia. Maybe Georgia fans want and expect things that are unreasonable from any coach.
    I believe a 10 win season is outstanding. It is rare for most schools.
    Kirby's record is 8-5, 13-2, and 11-3. This is in the SEC, not against teams from the DOG.

The deal is that if you have some talent and play at a high level, then on occasion things will go your way. Last year, this year, next year, ??
    If Saban had been coach of Georgia the last 3 years, how many National Championships would Georgia have? Maybe no more than they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    Kirby Smart and his staff are great recruiters but the game planning and game coaching have not impressed me as being top level.

I was on the front line to bring back DannyFord back to Clemson, and lost some friends over it. It was never a real option for those in power, just in the minds of guys like me.

Clemson hired Coach Bowden. He turned out to be a great hire for Clemson, not good, but great.
    He took over a program at Clemson where loosing was common. Over ten years he changed the culture, and I don't mean as to just winning.

I believe Bowden to be an excellent CEO and a very good man. I am a fan. He improved the program in all ways, especially recruiting. Much of what is "normal" now under Dabo was started by Bowden.

He was a terrible gameday coach. My Bride would claim after the half time speech that the team would give up all hope. In others areas, he was very good. Much of what we appreciate about Clemson now is due to Coach Bowden.

I say give Kirby time, he has already lifted the program to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

Much of what we appreciate about Clemson now is due to Coach Bowden.

I say give Kirby time, he has already lifted the program to a new level.
    I think your take on Bowden and Kirby are correct.

Just looking at the last two years, it looks like GA and Alabama are very close to being equal. All you have to do is look at the last two games between the two. An overtime loss by the Dawgs that very easily could have gone the other way. Then this year, GA turned around and played them even until a last second touchdown by Jalen Hurts!

They are also pretty much even in the recruiting wars.

Looks like another interesting and fun season is coming this Fall!

I am very unhappy with the NCAA and the Fields crap.
    For yall in Rio Linda not up to speed, Fields transferred from Georgia to OHS.
    I am OK with that.

Fields believes he has the talent to be a starter on a top team, and many experts agree.
    He is unwilling to wait his turn in Georgia or to compete with other QBs there. Apparently when he enrolled, believed the job would be his because he is so special.

Transfers are now a huge part of college football. Good points can be made for and against.
    Present rules are a kid must sit out a year unless he has graduated. Good points can be made for and against the rule, but it is the rule until changed.

Fields claimed a kid once yelled a racial slur at him, and he deserved to exempted from the rule other players are held to. Not a team mate, just some kid in the stadium said something to this muscular elite athlete and so ...? Once the race card was pulled, the worthless NCAA folded like a soggy bag of bullshit.

How many believe the University of Georgia has a racist environment?
    The NCAA does.

How many reading this have been called all kinds of things by all kinds of idiots? I know I have. How many of you snowflakes would have been mentally destroyed if some unknown person called you a ?? (don't actually know what he was called, most think it was nigger or something like that). Whup-de-do, my Bride often calls me a lot worse things than that.

Due to things like recruiting wars, I should be happy that Fields and the NCAA have labeled the University of Georgia a toxic, racist place. I feel just the opposite of happy.

The media is just like the NCAA and too scared to be honest.
    Fields was not willing to compete for the job and pulled the race card (an imaginary one) in the best traditions of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. It is that simple.
    He trashed The University of Georgia who awarded him a free college education and a chance to compete at the highest level on an incredible team.

I doubt any who agree or disagree will respond here for fear of being called a racist. I don't fear that as I am not one. I fear when fear rules.

Typical of the stupid crybaby crap that seems to go on everywhere these days. When my wife gets mad at me she calls me a damn yankee. I have lived here since August of 1969 and I just can't seem to escape my terrible past of having been born a yankee.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Gass View Post
    Typical of the stupid crybaby crap that seems to go on everywhere these days. When my wife gets mad at me she calls me a damn yankee. I have lived here since August of 1969 and I just can't seem to escape my terrible past of having been born a yankee.
    My Bride is a Yankee. I will always be a stupid Southern RedNeck to her. I am OK with that.

CPT
    "Doings" in CF (AKA "Figure Skating") will be something I give a shit about someday when they adopt a real (i.e., based on play on the field) playoff system. Crap on top of crap is and always will be crap, so whatever...
    "Now my freedom's bought and paid for -- it lights up my living room
    I got nothing more to prove; I've got no reason to move
    And when I'm tired of the program -- when its taken its toll
    I can press a button, change the channel by remote control." - Pat Macdonald, Timbuk3

Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post
    "Doings" in CF (AKA "Figure Skating") will be something I give a shit about someday when they adopt a real (i.e., based on play on the field) playoff system. Crap on top of crap is and always will be crap, so whatever...
    Ed that is a sad reply and where you are these days. Your need to teach us as to WTF over rides any reply as to the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

Fields claimed a kid once yelled a racial slur at him, and he deserved to exempted from the rule other players are held to. Not a team mate, just some kid in the stadium said something to this muscular elite athlete and so ...? Once the race card was pulled, the worthless NCAA folded like a soggy bag of bullshit.

How many believe the University of Georgia has a racist environment?
    The NCAA does.

How many reading this have been called all kinds of things by all kinds of idiots? I know I have. How many of you snowflakes would have been mentally destroyed if some unknown person called you a ?? (don't actually know what he was called, most think it was nigger or something like that). Whup-de-do, my Bride often calls me a lot worse things than that.

Due to things like recruiting wars, I should be happy that Fields and the NCAA have labeled the University of Georgia a toxic, racist place. I feel just the opposite of happy.

The media is just like the NCAA and too scared to be honest.
    Fields was not willing to compete for the job and pulled the race card (an imaginary one) in the best traditions of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. It is that simple.
    He trashed The University of Georgia who awarded him a free college education and a chance to compete at the highest level on an incredible team.

I doubt any who agree or disagree will respond here for fear of being called a racist. I don't fear that as I am not one. I fear when fear rules.
    I liked Fields and thought he should stay and compete and be ready to lead the team when called on. He is a special talent. I was even O.K. with him transferring and could understand his desire to be a starter but like Kirby said, "he should stay and at worse be second string one more year because if he transfers, he will have to sit out next year anyway!" So Kirby and everyone else thought! Then he pulled this racist garbage that everyone knows was made up in order to get an exemption. As if the reason he was leaving Georgia is because someone called him the "N" word! That is total "CRAP" and everyone knows it!

I was actually pulling for him to succeed wherever he goes, but now, I would be happy if he fails to become the starter at OHS or if he starts he will lead them to a losing season.

SFC
    Fields is the racist here! I wish Georgia could play OHS so we could beat the crap out of them and Fields. It was a Georgia baseball player that called him a nigger. The baseball player was dismissed from the team as I understand. If the Georgia baseball player did call him that, it appears that he was correct in doing so, because the true colors came ou in Fields (no pun intended).