Thread: ROY BUS explained

ROY BUS explained

The "ROY BUS" explained for casual fans:

Most coaches forced to be interviewed on TV are like deer caught in a head light and go into a defensive shell. I don't balme them, was the same as a cop. Dabo is the opposite as what you see is what you get with him. He enjoys talking, kinda like Bobby Bowden, Lou Holtz, Frank Howard. He is a throw back in that regard. Dabo is special and has fun with it all.

Back in October on ESPN a guy told him Clemson and Alabama were on the bus to the FF. Dabo responded with the "ROY BUS". How he comes up with all this crap is amazing. He said that when he played at Alabama the coach put the Varsity on the fancy bus and said for the "Rest OF Yall" to get on the other bus.

He said now it is Alabama on one bus and all other teams on a different bus he calls "ROY".

T-shirts with the ROY BUS were coming out in Clemson by the next day.
    CU1098_O_BACK_grande.jpg

Yesterday during the FF show, ESPN host Reece Davis said Clemson was now on the bus with Alabama, but Dabo would not have it.
    “No. No. No! We are still on the ROY Bus,” Swinney said while laughing. “We are still on the ROY Bus, but we are glad to be on it.”

Swinney then grabbed one of ESPN’s producers who was wearing a T-shirt Clemson had given him. On the back of it said, “Clemson Football: On the ROY Bus, but We’re Coming!”
    "On the ROY Bus, but We’re Coming!”

That is hilarious Bill. I have not heard that story. I am a Dabo Swinney fan. You can not help but like the guy. Not many stand up for their faith these days. The media is not kind to those that do. Dabo is not one of those guys. He is proud to be a Christian and will tell all that it is so! I respect that!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
    That is hilarious Bill. I have not heard that story. I am a Dabo Swinney fan. You can not help but like the guy. Not many stand up for their faith these days. The media is not kind to those that do. Dabo is not one of those guys. He is proud to be a Christian and will tell all that it is so! I respect that!
    I do CFB all year and keep up with recruiting. I know the kids long before they get here.
    These huge kids are like rock stars at their high schools. Coming to Clemson means loosing all that. Most kids are too conditioned to give that up. I understand that.

Some are a fit and some are not. Dabo only offers those, not the thugs. Before a game, no need to go to the jail and bail out the team.
    It is amazing in this day and age how many great kids are out there. On top of that, some can play a good game of football.
    When a kid visits and says something like his religion will guide him -- that kid is coming to Clemson.

Every parent who visits wants their kid to come here.
    Just this week a Mom who has an all star graduating Clemson said she dropped him off at Clemson and has not worried a day in four years as she knew he was in good hands. She said now he is going on to the NFL and she might have to move there with him to keep him straight. It is comic, but just because a kid is tall or strong, he is still a kid.
    At Clemson no kids are stars. It is about doing whatever to support the guy next to you.
    Dabo is about the kids.