Thread: CLEMSON vs NCS

CLEMSON vs NCS

NCS is currently ranked #20 and is undefeated. Polls at this point are crap. Maybe they should be much higher? They are 5-0.

They have a top ten NFL QB in Finley.
    "were going to beat them. Its an exciting opportunity to have the bye week before these guys."
    Last year against Clemson he threw for 338 yards and three touchdowns.
    Last year he threw for over 3500 yards and is already over 1600 in just 5 games this year, so expect over 4000 by year's end.
    He is currently #1 in the ACC as to pass completions, pass percentage, passing yards, per attempt, and total yards.
    Bottom line is that Finley is very good and will play on Sundays for many years to come.

NCS will be favored in the rest of their games after Clemson. An undefeated NCS could get into the FF, but with one loss one probably not due to schedule. This game is HUGE for them and for Clemson. The team that looses will not be in the ACC Championship game.
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Thoreau

NCS has moved up to #15, and if the POLLs were even slightly credible would be much higher.

This game is known as the 'Textile Bowl'. Clemson and North Carolina State have two of the largest university-level textile schools in the world. At one time textiles were tops in the Carolina's. Now all the Mills have closed. My parents worked all their lives in a cotton mill. That money raised Toad and I and kept us fat and happy.

Clemson leads in the football rivalry 57-28. Two years back the game went to over time, and last year Clemson won with a late score 38-31.
    Everyone expects this game to be a nail biter.

Coach Dave Doeren is a good coach, but tends to be a crybaby. Last year he blamed the loss due to Clemson having a laptop on the field. WTF? That is now known as "Laptop Gate".
    Actually a media person had it (like laptops on the field make any difference).

No odds are out yet. I suspect it to be something like Clemson -9.
    Vegas knows (or believes) Clemson is struggling. The "D" is not as predicted and the QB is a yet untested Freshman backed up by a 5th string RS Freshman.
    Vegas is wrong.

The Clemson "D" is solid. The young secondary gets more on the same page every game. The line is awesome.

The Freshman QB is not doing badly, and his potential is yet untapped. His backup can play any day for me against anyone. I see zero problem here. I agree you would rather have a 5th year Senior who is projected to be the #1NFL draft pick like Ryan Finley, but that don't mean our guys can't play.

I agree that the NCS QB Ryan Finley is NFL ready. He has been in CFB since 2013 or about 9 years. Right now he ranks at NCS only behind one of my favorite all time QBs - Philip Rivers.
    Finley never throws an interception.
    He is the currently ranked the #1 QB for this NFL draft because he is special.
    He is the major reason NCS is undefeated.

As NCS is undefeated and must win against Clemson, this will be the most important game for them in decades. They got a week off to prepare and will be ready.

NC State has not played a team anywhere near the quality of Clemson. I think Clemson will completely overwhelm them.

Freshman QB Lawrence will be under a lot of pressure as this game might decide who goes to the ACC Chmpionship and maybe on to the Final Four.

It’s the first time in his short career Lawrence will head into a head-to-head matchup not being the guy everyone is talking about. NC State quarterback Ryan Finely was the preseason choice for All-ACC honors, and through the first half of the season he is not disappointing.

Finley leads the ACC in total passing yards (1,621 yards), passing average (324.2 ypg), completions (130) and completion percentage (69.5) this season.

One big deal is the Clemson QB does not have to do it all. The Tiger running backs cannot be ignored. As I have said often and even before this season started, Clemson will be able to run the ball.