Thread: Georgia Southern at CLEMSON

Georgia Southern at CLEMSON

GS is a large college with around 28K students. It is over a hundred years old. It is a very good college and academically ranked high. I thought a few years back they were going big time football when they moved up to FBS, but have faltered some. They could if they choose. The present coach at Georgia Teck once coached there going 62-10.

I think they will do well in their conference (Sun Belt) this year. I don't think they arrive at Death Valley and take the Tigers out this year. They will gain a huge payday. I see going forward they have scheduled some major teams for the next few years. Good for them, but they need to bring in a normal coach and trash the option.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Southern_Eagles_football#Future_non-conference_opponents

I don't know what I want to see this week. I am glad we play at home and gald we are a big favorite to win. I think lots of adjusting is needed, and this gives us a tune up opportunity before we travel to Georgia Teck next week.

I want to see the backs be given the ball - constantly. There is no need for Bryant to run this week. Next week yes, but not this week. As Bryant is not going to be a heisman canidate and does not need stats, I hope he plays less. I would say give him the first half, then Lawrence and Brice split the second half.

I would like to see more man coverage from the secondary this week. Surely zone play is not required, even though they do run the option. Pass inteference calls are nearly as bad a a turn over. We need practice, and not just against our selves.

Against Mass they ran for 324 yards and also passed for 154 and 2 TDs. They only passed 9 times, so being an option team, they will be running the ball. That aint going to work well this week, so expect more than 9 passes. Their goal will be to keep the ball.

Last week TA$M kept the ball and they were not even an option team. The Tigers only got in 60 plays. The goal in past years has been for 90. That would be a good goal for Saturday.

The old guys know what to do. Don't expose them to the cut blocks and injury. Let the young kids play more. A few less stats for the Power Rangers is not going to effect thir NFL stock. Next up is GT who plays the same crap at a higher level and are experts at injuring opponents. Loosing an all star player at any position is not going to doom us, but I want to see them all play --> all season. It would break my heart to see one of the "D" or "O" linemen lost for the season. I can't recall a year when the Tigers had so many veteran, incredible players. I want to enjoy them all all season.
    "On the ROY Bus, but We’re Coming!”

Like the brave Clemson Tigers, will be facing death from a Hurricane to watch this game. My plan is to sit in my basement bath tub and watch it via WiFi.
    I will have the door locked and my shotgun on my lap in case the grid goes down and Zombies arrive for my beer.

I have lived in this area of the USA all my life. It kinda pisses me off how time after time after time the media goes berserk as they know it sells adds even better than say impeachment. Politicians all suddenly take the pulpit claiming to defend us. It makes me want to vomit.

I understand storms are bad, experienced more than most reading this have.
    The most memorable was sitting in a car huddled up beside a shopping mall wall as Hugo passed by.

Safe is better than sorry, but solid information is now impossible to find. Best is to look at the radar and compare it to to your experiences, not the silly people on TV. I know they have to make a living. Still, more accurate reporting would be best and help people more. Claiming the sky is falling time after time is, well read your Fables.