Thread: Wake Game

Wake Game

We have a Wake alum here on YC who is a fan.
    I am also a fan as WF is a Football School.
    I like their coach, wish the students and fans there understood what they have and gave more support.

Last night was the Wake - Tulane game.

The new Wake QB Hartman is special.
    The guy is just a Freshman and played great!
    He of course made mistakes as he is 18 and this was his first game. He will just get better with experience. I suspect he will start for 4 years which is scary.

He did even better than stats show as the receivers dropped a few.

The thing is he can really throw the ball. He has talent, more than say the Clemson QB Bryant. I don't know how Wake got him, but he is the real deal.
    He impressed me. All QBs can throw the ball, but some have talent that cannot be taught.

Hartman also had grit and kept fighting. By the 2nd half he was no longer a Freshman, but leading his team. He is a player. He is going to win a lot of games over the next few years. This guy is special! I am a fan!
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Thoreau

I noticed that Wake was favored by 6 and won by 6 in OT. Wow!

PFC
    I went to Law School at Wake Forest - I believe the smallest school in Power 5 Conference play - I always considered Wake to be a baskeball school - Tim Duncan. I am impressed with their football program.

I am also an alumi of Virginia Tech - the team's performance today at Florida State was awesome - best win since the 2014 upset of National Champion Ohio State at the "shoe". VT has fast and talented young players - looking at their schedule, they have a shot at playing Clemson for the ACC Championship - the October 6, 2018, game against Notre Dame in Blacksburg should be interesting. My son is currently a student at Virginia Tech - Corps of Cadets - future Navy officer - great school as is Wake.

I do enjoy watching CFB games.
    I like to pick a team to pull for as it adds fun and excitement.
    Just making a pick here on YC is often enough.

I judge games on how it affects Clemson. Only after that do I let WTF in.
    Most games have no effect on Clemson. Basically I want teams in the division to loose conference games. I want National ranked teams to be taken down a peg so Clemson gets considered at the end.

The VT - FS game was an easy pick for me. It was good to hang a conference loss on FS as they are in our division, but not VT. VT winning or loosing had less effect on Clemson. Going forward, want to see VT drop a couple games, does not matter to who. It would be great if the Coastal Division champ had a few losses.

That rule is not solid. This weekend it is better for Clemson if USuCK wins as we do not play Georgia. It would be best for Clemson if USuCK wins every game. No matter, I hope they lose every game.

Quote Originally Posted by sppixley View Post
    I went to Law School at Wake Forest -

I went to the ACC Championship game in Florida to support Wake when they won the ACC in 2006. Where were you Steve?

That year they lost only to Clemson and VT.

The championship was a wild one against GT, and WF won going away 9-6.
    I had great seats. The food there was good and the beer was cold.
    Afterwards the local seafood was excellent.