Thread: Urban Meyer

Urban Meyer

This guy is already a coaching legend, and at 54 is just getting started. Presently only Saban would rank higher.
    He was also a very good athlete.

I am not a Meyer fan. I have never liked the guy. I was a fan of Florida during the Teebow years as how could one not be?

At Florida in just 6 years 31 players were arrested and most played on. It is claimed that many more were released without arrest.

Now disgruntled players from those years are saying Meyer was a brutal coach.
    Too be honest, many coaches are brutal or at least harsh. That is not needed to win, but each coach uses the skills he has.

Meyer resigned for mysterious health reasons, and months later became the OHS coach. I lost respect for him doing it like that instead just taking the OHS job he had always wanted. At OHS he has added to his legend status. Only 18 arrests in 7 years there. He has made OHS Football great again.

Now he has been put on leave as Fall practice begins. That may not hurt OHS a lot, but it aint a positive.
    The liberal sports media is calling for his head.

Apparently an assistant coach was/is an asshole to his wife both at Florida and at OHS.
    Claims by her are that Meyer knew about it and did not speak up.
    Meyer recently fired the guy for this, but too late.

Every time I kick my wife she has me locked up for a year, but this guy's wife instead sent texts to the others coaches wives because ???
    Meyer has said he did not know as to it all which is not going to fly. That would mean his wife did not pass it along, nor did the wives of other assistant coaches or other coaches. They all kept Meyer in the dark - according to Meyer. There are too many people involved for this to hold up.

Should he be suspended or loose his 7.5Million dollar a year job - HELL NO!
    This aint like the Paterno deal in anyway. This is snowflake, PC bullshit.
    Anyone (not just women) being abused is serious crap, but how much of this falls to Meyer? It is a police and court problem to handle.
    Part of his job and his promise to parents is to protect the players, but this couple are well educated and highly paid adults.

We should be able to read and hear about the teams as Fall practice starts, but instead the liberal sports media will blast this hour after hour instead of real sports news.

What will happen with Meyer?
    OHS fans will not want to loose this guy, but you can bet most of the wacko teachers and leaders there see it as a chance to shout their silly thing and gain some fame as unlike Meyer they have underachieved.
    Other colleges who don't want to face this coach again on the field will join in. ESPN is already going 24/7 to lynch the guy.
    Unless OHS has more backbone than most colleges and can find a clever way out, they loose a coach that wins at the highest level and they are rare.

I don't agree. There may be some snowflake crap in his contract as to this, but I believe it is on the wife and police to act, and not on Meyer hearing it 3rd hand.
    This is not one of the players, no players are not involved.

If you fight with your wife, is it the job of your boss to step in?
    My wife is just 5' but sometimes she scares me. Is that my friend's problem?
    If my brother's wife calls me (instead of the cops) and claims Toad threatened her, should I loose my job?

How many times has anyone reading this stepped in to the middle of spouses fighting?
    I have done it many, many times -> too many to remember. It is a dangerous endeavor. Nothing can be done until one of the parties actually wants that.
    I did it as that was my job.
    Was it Meyers job? Apparently he was required to report it up the chain.

His real mistake was in keeping an asshole like this around, but maybe he did not see him as one. Should he be fired for this -- HELL NO!

Meyer will be Ok as most likely he has enough $$ and fame to do what ever he wants. OHS, fans, and CFB will be losers if snowflakes win this.
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Thoreau

SSG
    I'm not a Meyer fan either, but he should not be dismissed because an assistant coach and wife problem. Wife needs to call the law, get a bat, stick, knife, or gun and handle the situation herself and quit texting. My wife would use the cast iron frying pan #10. Law enforcement officers have told me that they don't like to respond to domestic calls. Some have told me that they took the long way around to get there, hoping that the situation was over by the time they arrived. Any man is a piece of crap that abuses a woman. It's best to just walk away.

No one is commenting on this because ???

No one should be abused whether they are young, old, woman or man.
    It is not in me to see it and do nothing as I was raised by Hopalong and the Lone Ranger.

I don't see this Meyer case as about that.

Domestic disputes are a constant in some relationships. Most times one of those in the relationship could end that, but don't. I have been to all the classes and know all the snowflake responses. In a few cases a real victim cannot end it, but that is not what most cases are.
    In this case the couple had many friends and were yearly raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Going into a domestic event as an outsider is tough.
    The experts see it "text book" and dwell on the exceptions. I saw it all first hand and often.

What I tried to pass on to young cops (to the horror of snowflakes) was:
    - This is not a problem cops can solve. It is a long term problem. If an assault has occurred cops can arrest. If not, about all cops can do is to get one of the combatants to another location, if they want to go which is rare.

Most times the women play the victim and want the cops to kick the men's ass. She don't want to leave him, just teach him. Make no mistake, some women can drive any man to murder or suicide and vice versa. People we love and know are the ones who know how to drive us up the wall.

If the guy (both are usually drunk or high) resents the cops in his home (invited by the wife so there legal) and needs to be repelled, the wife quickly comes to his defense physically, and of course the next day in charges against the cops when the lovely couple are back in love (sober).

Cops rarely go to a house on domestics they have not been to before.
    I would warn young cops to be careful. They are attacking each other, and they claim to love each other. They don't love us, so of course they will hurt us.

SSG
    Did a little research on the Urban Meyer deal today. Looks like he will be toast. Although this happened before his new contract was written and inked, his new contract has a clause about this kind of stuff happening within his ranks. Should have reported it to his AD at the school, if he didn't. There are many sides to this story and I don't know any facts. I wonder what the assistant coach bride did wrong to cause her groom to abuse her to start all this anyway. It appears a head coach has more responsibilities today besides coaching his team and winning games. Maybe that's why they get paid so much $$$.

Facts are not yet in.

I think Urban may have done enough as to this to keep his job.

At the very least it would seem he will have a strong case to be paid by OHS.
    CFB will be less for us all with him not at OHS.
    I just don't see where he did anything to cost him his job. If they want to suspend or fine him, just hurts the program.

I am not surprised Elgrau has posted no thoughts as he is an alum and a fan.
    ------

Here is another "real life tale" from the 'Annals (or maybe the Anus) of AO'.

One rape case I had thrown on my desk looked easy enough. I bopped on over and talked to the victim. It was a sad tale. She told me (she was Indian) that while visiting at her Black friend's home, the woman got her drunk, tied her to a bed, and then the woman's brother raped her. I site race and culture here solely for background interest. Her husband was by her side and very supportive as tears made it hard for her to tell the tale of abuse.

So now fired up, got on my white horse and bopped on over to the lady friend's home to lock her and the brother up. Case closed!!
    The lady friend was in shock at the tale, so I decided more investigation was needed before I ??

I tracked down the brother. There was no rush to arrest him as I found him in jail, where he had been for two weeks. That mean WTF? Did he sneak out Sat night?

Got the victim away from the husband and after a time, she cracked.
    Apparently she had given her husband the clap. They went to the emergency room (some people don't use doctors as Emergency Rooms are free) and were treated. They got worried Social Services would hear of it, deem them bad parents and take away the kids (and the monthly check).
    They came up with the brilliant plan laided out above.

I arrested the victim and the court declined to prosecute (as usual).
    If the guy had not had an air tight alibi, he and his sister would have ended up in court charged with serious offenses.

Investigation is always needed with the expectation that all sides will color the truth even if that is not required. I have done a million interviews/interrogations, and all I know is that all people lie to you in these - at least a little.

SSG
    It is really difficult to judge this without the real facts. I have a feeling that he will lose his job or possibly he will decide to quit coaching. This has to be agony when all he is trying to do is coach football at the highest level. The distractions will be too much to bear if he keeps his job. Coaching in this era is much more complicated than ever before.

I have no idea who this guy is and don't care. Since I firmly believe that we are all responsible for what WE do and not really responsible for the actions and problems of those outside our family I don't think this guy should loose his job. It goes without saying that if his contract makes him responsible for the off the job behavior of his underlings then he will probably loose is job. I would not sign a contract like that before I had everyone in my department go through a mental examination and a poly graph or you don't have a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Gass View Post
    I have no idea who this guy is and don't care. Since I firmly believe that we are all responsible for what WE do and not really responsible for the actions and problems of those outside our family I don't think this guy should loose his job. It goes without saying that if his contract makes him responsible for the off the job behavior of his underlings then he will probably loose is job. I would not sign a contract like that before I had everyone in my department go through a mental examination and a poly graph or you don't have a job.
    Meyer and all coaches must sign a contract like that to work these days.
    As Meyer gets $7.5million (actually more), it is worth rolling the dice.
    Lets look at a guy I have zero appreciation for and hope never to hear from again -> Al Franken. I see him as a low life, but voters wanted him. He was forced to resign because of snowflake crap (which is ironic). That should have been up to voters to decide, but his party leaders forced him out.

For every person who wants Meyer to stay at OHS (they are legion), just as many with no opinion of football other than it it is too violent will demand him out (guilty or not)(deserving or not) as an example of snowflake power.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    This guy is already a coaching legend, and at 54 is just getting started. Presently only Saban would rank higher.
    He was also a very good athlete.
    I am not a Meyer fan. I have never liked the guy. I was a fan of Florida during the Teebow years as how could one not be?
    Meyer will be Ok as most likely he has enough $$ and fame to do what ever he wants. OHS, fans, and CFB will be losers if snowflakes win this.
    Snowflakes won and lost which means ??
    The deal was to use Meyer (because he is famous) to make a mark for not beating women.
    No sane person is for beating women, and being gender neutered as I am, object just as strongly to beating men. In my opinion the only thing worse is beating critters who are helpless and can not call cops who are trained to help.

Don't know if Meyer is a dirt bag, but zero evidence in this case proves that. The snowflakes at places like ESPN wanted blood on day one before any facts were in. Even now they keep doubling back as the snowflake channel is filled with, and run by, assholes. I would say this is way down the list of Meyer crap.

No one in any job is perfect (well JESUS did OK). This surely did not rise to the level of firing or disgrace - at least his part or lack of a part in it did not. Most who read and lack experience will slam my post and Meyer, and do it for the wrong reasons.

As a disclaimer I am a long time hater of all things "OHIO" since Woody hit our player and did deserve to be fired. (Well that and my wife and Mother-In-Law are from Ohio.) I hope they loose every game every year.

This was a witch Hunt and it goes on due to small people with a job broadcasting who are snowflakes.