-- Clemson at Florida State
    -- Florida -- Georgia
    -- Iowa at Penn State
    -- Kentucky at Missouri
    -- Washington State at Stanford
    -- NC State at Syracuse
    -- Notre Dame at Navy
    -- Texas at Oklahoma State

Right now I am not fired up as to most of those teams as to any chance. That might change going forward, and you might see it different today.

To that end, Clemson/Florida State and Georgia/Florida are huge as to this week. Other games (for now) are fun, but still ~~ as to FF.

As posted, I believe Georgia rolls Florida with ease. I know they are being judged off the last dismal performance, but I say WTF? Georgia was kicked by Auburn last year but rebounded and made it to the FF by beating --> Auburn. I don't believe they will loose to Florida. I know Florida is finally coming back to form, but no chance against Georgia -> none.

I will look at Clemson FS on another thread and sure all will not sleep until they see my thoughts.

I don't post much about this because I basically don't follow much of this. I watch two games per week. Auburn and the Panthers. I don't watch or listen to any others and can't tell you anything about the teams. I just think this contest is fun. You guys keep up with this and know what is going on. I can't wait to see how I do against all of you experts.

My new list is:

Alabama
    Clemson
    Notre Dame
    Oklahoma

These are the same teams I had as before but in a different order. After Saturdays games this list could change once again as the deadline is looming.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
    My new list is:

Alabama
    Clemson
    Notre Dame
    Oklahoma

These are the same teams I had as before but in a different order. After Saturdays games this list could change once again as the deadline is looming.
    History shows things will sort things out over the next weeks.
    Undefeated teams will go in if any are left.
    It always comes down to 1 loss teams.
    As it stands right now the big question is will the 12-1 Champ from the Big 10 or the Big 12 go in?
    Texas, Oklahoma, OHS, and Michigan are in play, soon others will be.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    The rules will be slightly different from last year.
    - Post them in the order you believe the FF Committee will place them.
    Change your picks as often as you change your mind ....(updated)
    In case of ties, the earliest post wins, so this rule is very important and adds to the strategy.
    Points are awarded depending on how many you pick right. This year an additional point is gained by placing a team "in the position" awarded them by the FF Committee. That means there are 8 points available this year as opposed to 4 in past years.
    Don't forget this rule change made long before the season started:http://http://yardcraphome.com/showt...ll=1#post31531

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    RULE ADJUSTMENT
    The last date to make changes has been changed by a couple days.
    All changes must now be made by the end of October 28th at MIDNIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Gass View Post
    I don't post much about this because I basically don't follow much of this. I watch two games per week. Auburn and the Panthers. I don't watch or listen to any others and can't tell you anything about the teams. I just think this contest is fun. You guys keep up with this and know what is going on. I can't wait to see how I do against all of you experts.

Marty you know as much as anyone.
    The real experts live in Vegas. How they figure this out - don't know.
    Highly paid "experts" at ESPN and FOX and YardCrap are shown just to be talking heads.
    In past years here on YC when interest was higher, we ran weekly contests posting about 15 games each week. It was a proven fact that the Gnomes just flipping a coin did as well as anyone here -- around 50%.

If one could beat Vegas by just 1% he could make some serious money.
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Thoreau

SSG
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Clemson
    Ohio State

Looks like your prediction of The Georgia/Florida game was correct Bill. What say you on the LSU/Alabama game? I personally think LSU has a great chance to win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
    What say you on the LSU/Alabama game? I personally think LSU has a great chance to win that game.
    Tony and Mike are the Georgia and SEC experts.

1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Georgia
    4. Michigan

This is the most difficult year so far. My list is not likely to happen. I almost took my Dawgs out of it but I didn't have the heart. I really need one of those nice birdhouses but I can't quite avoid being a "homer".

​GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Gass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

Marty you know as much as anyone.
    The real experts live in Vegas. How they figure this out - don't know.
    Highly paid "experts" at ESPN and FOX and YardCrap are shown just to be talking heads.
    In past years here on YC when interest was higher, we ran weekly contests posting about 15 games each week. It was a proven fact that the Gnomes just flipping a coin did as well as anyone here -- around 50%.

If one could beat Vegas by just 1% he could make some serious money.

COACHES POLL
    ( and why early POLLS are crap)

Only 4 of the present "Top Ten" teams started the season in the top 10.
    Only 6 of the present "Top Fifteen" teams started in the top 15.
    Only 9 of the present "Top Twenty-Five" teams started in the top 25.

That means after the season has had some field play (about 8 games) the highly paid experts were not even 50%. In fact they have a dismal 36% right and only 40% as to TOP TEN.
    I rant about early and pre-season pools every year. I enjoy the fake ones, but no official one (Coaches Poll is used by the FF Committee) should come out until mid season.

Marty, you are as expert as anyone and why this is so much fun. Like I said, flip a coin and you get 50% which is often a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Tony and Mike are the Georgia and SEC experts.
    Experts? There are none in picking College Football! That is what makes it fun!

LSU is looking good but Alabama looks unbeatable. I think it might be close since it is in Baton Rouge at night. I would love to see LSU upset them but BAMA looks as good as Clemson so I don't expect it to happen.

The deal is final picks must be in by midnight.
    Experts were positive (including us YC guys) even before a game was played.

All I know is things are going to change often over the rest of the regular season which is about 5 games for most teams.

For WEEK 10:

There are now 15 teams with one or less losses and 4 with zero.
    =========

No way Central Florida gets in or deserves to get in unless snowflakes have taken over the FFC. Most don't know, but this is one of the largest colleges, and a very good one. It is huge with a budget of $1.5 Billion. Their staff exceeds the student population at Clemson.
    They have a 45,000 seat stadium and pack it.

Their coach is Heupel who was the Heisman Trophy runner-up in 2000. He was also an All-American, the AP Player of the Year, and a Walter Camp Award winner. Heupel led the Sooners to an undefeated season and a national championship with a victory over Florida State in the 2001 Orange Bowl.

They are improving the schedule as this year had Pitt(won) and UNC(cancelled).
    Going forward see they have Stanford and Pitt next year.
    It is difficult for a non-Power Five to get in as the schedule is less. Only Notre Dame has the schedule.

UCF needs to join a Power Five Conference.

================

This week -->

-- UCF plays Temple and means zero.

-- Pitt plays Va in a huge game. Pitt is a good team with a poor record. Va is blowing out all critics including me. Virginia should be a constant contender every year as they have the history and the resources.

-- LOU plays at Clemson. I am of course stressed and worried and will go there in boring detail on another thread.

-- Nebraska at OHS is zero.

-- Syracuse at Wake is two of my favorite teams to watch this year, but both are out of the ACC Championship game. I hope to watch this.

-- TAM at Auburn. I wanted TAM to win out, but last night they blew a game to Mississippi State. I suspect Auburn will try to over power them. Both are out of any SEC Championship, but good football, hope to watch.

-- Georgia at Kentucky is the Game of the week to be discussed in detail on another thread. The winner is in the SEC Championship.

-- WVA at Texas is a chance for WVA to become relevant. Texas is out win or loose, but has had a surprising good year so far.

-- Penn at Michigan is interesting as Mich is being hailed as "back". I don't buy it even if Meyer is again having mental/physical ghost problems.

-- lots of TOP 25 ho-hums games in the top 25 this week unless you are a homer as most are eliminated from their Conference Champ Game.

-- Notre Dame at Northwestern is interesting. NW is playing OK. It is unlikely they can beat ND, but upsets happen EVERY week and this could be one. Even before the experts and Vegas post, I am calling it.

-- Cal at WS must be looked at as WS has just one loss, but I am not yet into Pac 12 this season. Auburn crushing Wash killed Pac 12 for me this year.

-- Utah State is 7-1 at Honolulu. All who believe Utah will win the MW and go on to the FF raise your hand.

-- Alabama goes to LSU. I believe both will be in the first release from the FF this Tuesday. LSU has the best record in CFB and Alabama has only played "Sisters of the Poor". Experts believe AL will win by 90 and I have no reason to disagree. Just because AL has played no one does not mean they cannot. I will of course be pulling for the team the 'Golden Girls' want to win.
    gg2.jpg
    gg3.jpg
    gg4.jpg

TV football was more fun in my youth when the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders got more air time than the players. That was taken from us by snowflakes.
    To "really see and understand the "Golden Girls" you have to attend a game.

CPT
    "Camel Toe City" ^; or is that just my horny old imagination?

One thing's FOR SURE: the above pics of these beautiful females displaying their barely covered 'private parts' is what Football is all about: strong men protecting the "tribes" breeding stock from "outsiders" and enemy hordes "at the gate" (i.e., the "goal line" and preventing the "bad guys" from SCORING). Always has been; always will be! That's why FB is so primal and Patriotic! Don't get me wrong, I (like most..) Love it!
    "Now my freedom's bought and paid for -- it lights up my living room
    I got nothing more to prove; I've got no reason to move
    And when I'm tired of the program -- when its taken its toll
    I can press a button, change the channel by remote control." - Pat Macdonald, Timbuk3

Changing my order of finish...

1. Clemson
    2. Georgia
    3. Michigan
    4. Alabama

Prediction: I win the Birdhouse!

LSU beats Alabama - GA beats LSU giving them 2 losses.

Extra information:
    In the playoffs, Clemson beats Bama, GA crushes Michigan and the Dawgs beat the Tigers to win it all.

We all have dreams! GO DAWGS

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast