Thread: Recruiting 2019 Class

Recruiting 2019 Class

Well, looks like Kirby is setting the stage for another amazing class of recruits for the Dawgs!

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Fo...teTeamRankings

That is great Tony. One thing no one can say is that Georgia has ever lacked for talent.
    As usual, Clemson is way down the list (26). That looks about right for the Tigers. No matter, we have had a good run these last few years. This or that school occasionally makes some waves, and then falls back behind the 'blue bloods" with more money.
    That is CFB.

Yep - Clemson is done.
    Hopefully we will get in a few kids no one else wants and turn them into decent players (and citizens). Last year was a small class, but more seats will be available this year. Dabo runs a good program, and I believe he will stay above .500 and maybe make a bowl game for the next couple years. I believe a few kids from SC, Georgia, and Florida will choose the Tigers over the SEC if for no other reason than DABO.

It is still very early and Clemson will end up much higher than these early results show and you are right about the DABO effect. Many programs would love to have him leading their programs. Clemson is very strong for 2018 and for future years unless Alabama tempts him too much when Saban retires. I have a feeling he is now very much home at Clemson and loves it and will stay!

As for Georgia, Kirby Smart has exceeded expectations so far and hopefully he can maintain the momentum. Georgia and Clemson are both now in the National spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    Many programs would love to have him leading their programs. Clemson is very strong for 2018 and for future years unless Alabama tempts him too much when Saban retires.
    Saban is not leaving. Just this week he said that as long as he could do the job - going no where. I like Saban. His personality is more like mine. He said he would not do like some and stay when his time was up. He said if he ever looses 3 games in a year he would be run outa town. Saban has it made. He is at the top of his profession and his personal game. He is the best, maybe the best ever.

I don't know if Alabama would want DABO as he is the opposite in many ways of Saban. Saban runs a machine and Dabo runs a family. Players are attracted to different things.
    I am positive Dabo will not leave Clemson as long as he is wanted here. He is well paid and has two kids on the team. The small town deal is a plus for him. Times change and Clemson ran off Danny Ford for no reason other than the academic types felt threatened by athletics. All at the top now see the value athletics brings in $$$ and many other things.
    Dabo is not leaving and Saban is not leaving. That includes ultra $$ from the NFL.

Smart spent more years at Alabama than Dabo did, maybe he would go? Nope, there is no job going to open up there soon.
    I believe Smart is crapping his pants because he is so happy to be back in Georgia. I wish him well. I really like Mark Richt. I wish he had gone to Penn or Texas or UCLA and not the ACC.
    Winning at Georgia is a given due to 50% of the nation's best players living there and the other 50% next door in Florida. UGA gets the creme of Georgia and that will always keep them up there as to talent. Tony, you could be coach and win 10 games there (I could win 9).

Can Smart win the SEC? He almost won even more except for one play - so yes!
    Will UGA win the SEC or the NC this or any year? The odds say no, but that is true for all including Alabama.

Well, looks like Kirby is setting the stage for another amazing class of recruits for the Dawgs!

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Fo...teTeamRankings
    Your favorite on web site (247) has responded after spring practice.
    Your experts say we have no corners.
    Our recievers are suspect.
    Our guys at saftey are crap.

Apparently we have an OK line but behind it all is crap.
    Clemson has no depth according to 247.

I know these "experts" have to post as to over a hundred teams.

I have more experience as to Clemson than your guys at 247.
    This is an excellent team. Very few teams expect to compete for FF and most will be left out. A team that believes they are in the hunt is rare.

I disagree with your experts at 247.
    Clemson will win and loose, but are weak at no position.
    This is a team.
    Having a superstar (Watson, Chubb, Mayfield) is good but qames can be won without one.
    I disagree with 247.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I have more experience as to Clemson than your guys at 247.
    I disagree with your experts at 247.
    How did they become "my guys at 247" I just showed their list of commitments so far. It just showed that GA is off to the fastest start of any team in the country for commits. It will most certainly change as this season progresses.

Go back a couple years and look at this kid:
    https://247sports.com/player/tanner-muse-31167

There are many old posts here on YC when he came in maybe to play baseball.
    No one wanted this kid.
    Last year as an injured Tiger (hand in cast) he had 64 tackles.

He will not likely make the NFL, but the damage he will do this year as a Tiger is hard to predict as he is "all in".

[QUOTE=AgentOrange;30546]
    How did they become "my guys at 247" /QUOTE]

..because you quoted them.
    Rankings are a good indicator, and they get better each year. 247 is OK with me.
    Georgia was #1 for 2018 and are always up there with the Blue Bloods for a reason. I am OK with that.
    In 2018 Clemson was #5 according to your 247 guys. Most times we don't make the top 50.

It is not likely we will break the top 20 for 2019, but are used to that.
    Georgia brought in 26 guys for 2018 all teams wanted and offered.
    Clemson got just 17 guys, but they are guys who will hopefully fit in here. We are very excited!!! We hit the lotto for sure.
    2019 may be average, but - this is Clemson.

The oft quoted line is players win, not coaches.
    The real deal is there are lots of players. Forming a team is the deal.
    Look at all the talent the past years at Mich, UNC, TN, FL, Tex, So Cal, etc with talent to waste that have ??

Many guys would be unhappy at Clemson. Few high school stars want to come here where there is no night life and no can be a star unless you like to fish (great lake here).
    No way incredible guys like Johnny Manziel or Jameis Winston would be happy in Tiger Town.
    Jameis Winston would very likely have been kicked off the team if not jailed in most college towns. Jimbo said "I believe Jameis is telling the truth!" Baloney!!!

There is lots of talent all over the country that does not quite get the publicity in high school and they do not get recruited by the big schools and that is why we saw UCF upset Auburn in the bowl game. The very same thing is happening in college basketball! Look what happened all year long and then in the NCAA tournament! The blue bloods keep getting beat by the low ranked teams.

Clemson Football is still my second favorite team and it is no longer "poor ole Clemson" . They are back in position like Danny had them going!

As always Clemson is way behind the blood bloods. Ga is again doing incredible.

This week Clemson did haul in a receiver and a QB some say is the best in the 2019 class. As we already are flooded with those, a few "O" line guys would be nice.

Taisun Phommachanh from Ct (do they play FB there?)
    https://247sports.com/Player/Taisun-Phommachanh-89199

Frank Ladson from Miami.
    https://247sports.com/Player/Frank-Ladson-46036916

Right now GA is ranked #4 but has a higher per/player rank than anyone. At the end of the day for a few years now Ga is bringing in more talent than Alabama or OHS. That can't be a bad thing.

It is hard to believe we will ever top the 2018 class. It was not rated high, but due to the few in it, not the caliber. Clemson is solid for this season, but a few from this class will not red shirt and may make a real impact on the season.

The class of 2019 was way back, but good guys are now a trickle. DABO has the ear of many kids in many places. It is kinda amazing how perception of tiny Clemson has changed in just a few years.

I was just reading as to the top five-star cornerback - Andrew Booth.

“He’s a God-fearing guy,” Booth said. “I just feel like they can turn me into a man. Where other places can, but you’ve got a God-fearing head coach, and everybody knows it. So that just makes you want to be a better person.”

I would say go ahead and count him as Tiger. These are the type guys who choose Clemson.

OL guy

These guys are gold.
    One reason Clemson has done well is OL Mitch Hyatt. One guy can make a huge difference.
    For 2019 a guy from Fl is now "all in".
    Hunter Rayburn has less stars than many, but if the Tiger coaches like him - enough said.

Another is a tight end from Ga. His pop played for Ga and his brother for Air Force.

These may not be guys the SEC wants, but we do.