Thread: CFB CONTEST 2018

CFB CONTEST 2018

This is back on this season.
    Details soon.

In the many football contests we have had on YardCrap, the Gnome's prizes tend to be bird feeders or things they find about the house. (Old people have a lot of junk).
    On the porch today thought why not a binocular as a prize as I like them?

I have 4 1/2 pair, but need all mine. I use at least one of them everyday.
    I went on ebay and looked at used ones around a $100.
    This remains one of the hardest items to find a "deal" on.
    There are 44,000 listed and not one deal at this price.

I paid $20 for my first pair (10X20) to look at birds with, and was thrilled at what I could see, but would not wish those on anyone. The minimum is 10X32 which is nice. I have a pair of Steiner 10X20 I would let the Gnomes post, but I don't think most have the ability to appreciate 10X20. Even I don't.

Most men can use a 10X 32, 40, 42. Experts claim 8X is the best, but I disagree. 8X is excellent, especially if on foot or in a boat.
    On my porch I use 12X50 as I am on my ass. When walking about, at a concert, or game - take my 10X32.
    On my boat use my oldest pair (25 years) - 10X40. These things are worn smooth and still excellent. Good binos last decades even with hard use.

Today there is no break on a decent, used, set on ebay around $100.
    I'll keep checking. If nothing turns up, may have to re-gift the prize I won in the contest last year - a photo of US GRANT.
    Anyone (other than Ed) who has an idea or could throw in something some one gave you that you hate, let the Gnomes know.

usg.jpg