Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Homer Wager'

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    They have a very weak out of conference schedule that has kept teams out of the FF the last years.
    The Dawgs likely have to win the SEC and that is difficult but very possible with the new regime in place.
    The same for Clemson in the ACC.

I would not shame the Georgia schedule any more than Clemson's schedule. The early strength of schedules are out and most rank Georgia's schedule stronger than Clemson's. Of course the strength of schedules will change significantly as the season plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post

I would not shame the Georgia schedule any more than Clemson's schedule.

I am sure you would not, but I will.

Last year Clemson ended with a top 5 schedule and was ranked #1 at end of regular season due largely to that.
    Every year the SEC and Big 10 teams are grandfathered in as being supreme.
    They earned that reputation, but in the last few years, less so.
    The ACC played out to be strong last year even without Florida State.

Preseason SOS and what happens as games play often differ.
    The SEC is strong. Florida and SC will have good teams this year. I hope to see Ark gain some ground. TN is a sleeping giant as to talent. Every year across America teams not noticed come together and surprise.

The ACC will also be better this year. I see every team there as improved. They will have to earn respect in the polls again this year (not grandfathered like the SEC due to the billions invested by ESPN), and I think they will do it again.

In our Dabo years Clemson plays two SEC teams and no one else in America does. If I remember correctly, The Tigers beat Auburn who kicked the crap outa The Bulldogs last year 40-17. The rematch went for the dogs, but really -?

This season the Tigers play a revitalized Texas A&M who will be top 20 by end of year and USC who I hate to say may also be. There is a good chance the Tigers will loose both games.

The Bulldogs are taking no chances and and just playing out of conference against 'Sisters-of-the-Poor".
    Spin that as you will, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

The rematch went for the dogs, but really -?
    ha ha ha ha!

And Texas A&M will be great because Clemson is playing them! ha ha ha ha

Really, I like Clemson!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    ha ha ha ha!

And Texas A&M will be great because Clemson is playing them! ha ha ha ha

Really, I like Clemson!
    I hope you are right as to Texas A&M.
    I believe you are wrong to laugh.
    They have money and after wasting it to be "PC" have hired a real coach. Players will come. I am not a fan of Jimbo, but he is a winner.
    Even now the cupboard of talent is not empty.
    I believe they will not be 4-4 in the SEC this year.

Better would be to respond to the kindergartens Georgia is playing this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12