Thread: Clemson Spring Practice

Clemson Spring Practice

Clemson Spring Practice

I live nearby and may hear/think more as to it all than some.

As to talent for 2018 Clemson is of course shy as to the big colleges like OHS, Alabama, Michigan, Florida State, but mostly in depth as our starters are OK.
    Returning to the Final Four is unlikely, but that is true for all.

This Clemson team should be better than the one last year which ended the regular season ranked #1. Like with all college teams, some guys are gone.

E V E R Y year teams ranked top ten in the preseason fail to finish in the top 25.
    That is most times due to injury or a group failing to become a "TEAM".

Unlike recent teams, this is a more of a vetern team. The guys in place are too good to be displaced by a new guy on campus. The team last year was solid, and they are back.

Spring practice buzz is about QB competition. The local media are buzzing to sell articles.
    Last year Clemson was a winner with QB Bryant. To believe he will be displaced is fantasy. I believe he is the 4th best QB on campus. Clemson can win most games with him and history proves that. I would like Spring Practice to be a real battle at every position, but that will not be the case. Bryant will be the starter in the first game. That is not bad, makes me wet my pants as the guy is really good and will be improved.
    "4th best QB" should read as crap, but Bryant is very good.

The "TEAM" could win most games with me at QB. That is a fact. The team is solid.
    No other positions are really in play. Hopefully some kids will take a giant leap and win a spot, but it will be hard. Most not already on the chart will be fighting for backup and playing time. Those are the guys who win the games. Watch any game of a team with depth against one without. The first half will be competitive, and then the team with less depth will fade.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Clemson Spring Practice

This Clemson team should be better than the one last year which ended the regular season ranked #1. Like with all college teams, some guys are gone.

E V E R Y year teams ranked top ten in the preseason fail to finish in the top 25.
    That is most times due to injury or a group failing to become a "TEAM".

Unlike recent teams, this is a more of a vetern team. The guys in place are too good to be displaced by a new guy on campus. The team last year was solid, and they are back.
    I think you are right about Clemson. They should be back in the final 4. I also think Georgia can join them if things go as planned. The Dawgs lost some good ones but they do have some good experience coming back along with tremendous recruits that should keep them in the picture for years to come!