Thread: Are Ohio State pundits bitter?

Are Ohio State pundits bitter?

It seems to me that some OSU folks are a little bit bitter leading up to the CFP. Even though they have like a number 2 recruiting class, this article shows that they may be a little jealous of some of our Southern teams. In this article they imply that there has to be cheating going on with Alabama, Georgia, Clemson and Florida St.

http://buckeyesnews.net/cheating-in-...ting-an-op-ed/

CPT
    "I do, however, think that Clemson has done some very dirty things. For starters, five-star defensive lineman Xavier Thomas bought not one, but TWO new cars. Coincidentally, they were acquired the day he committed to Clemson and the day he signed with Clemson."

But, but, AO says Clemson is 'squeaky clean' and not like all the other big time programs. This article puts that notion to rest! "Hey Mr. Clean, your dirty now too" - Sun Green
    "Now my freedom's bought and paid for, it lights up my living room. And when I'm tired of the program, when its taken its toll, I can press the button and change the channel by remote control." - Timbuk3

I was kinda waiting for elgrau to take the bait on that.

I can't speak to all the crap in that article, but if the rest is like the CLEMSON part, it is all crap.
    The guy slants and fudges words like the typical liberal media does.

Ed (and others) believe this is honest journalism and not "fake news".

Xavier Thomas is from SC and his family paid for him to attend a top boarding school (IMF ACADEMY) in Florida because they could. In addition to education, this place is a sports teaching mecca.

Thomas has been solid ORANGE since he could walk, came to all the Clemson football camps as a tyke. He was always coming to CLEMSON and has been maybe the top recruiter the last couple years for us. He is a reason we got a couple other players this year.

His car is an older used Yukon that is nicely done up. His Pop sells and details cars. They are in the car business. Thomas did not "buy" it, his family gave it to him. Hell, when I started Clemson in '64, had a '63 model car. Did that make me rich or on the Clemson dole? Does every kid on scholarship have to be poor and from the "hood"? Did your parents ever help you out?

Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post

But, but, AO says Clemson is 'squeaky clean' and not like all the other big time programs. This article puts that notion to rest! "Hey Mr. Clean, your dirty now too" - Sun Green
    Clemson may not be squeaky clean, but trys hard to be under Coach Dabo. Coach Dabo is a man who is getting the job done not just within the rules, but beyond what the rules call for. We are proud of him and his team, even if they had lost to OHS 31-0 (but they didn't).

OHS is still upset about the 31-0 whupping Clemson put on them last year.
    Get over it elgrau - if you can. That 31-0 ass kicking could have been much worse had Dabo not put in the 4th team.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

OHS is still upset about the 31-0 whupping Clemson put on them last year.
    Get over it elgrau - if you can. That 31-0 ass kicking could have been much worse had Dabo not put in the 4th team.
    You were just laying in the weeds....Waiting to pounce!

CPT
    Last time I checked, Bill, OSU has 8 national championships to Clemson's pitiful 2 and has won 72.5% of all its games compared to ~60% for Clemson.

That's how I measure a program's relative greatness (number of National Championships); Jack did not win every major he entered but he was the greatest golfer of all time 'cause he had the MOST major tournament wins (those with 2 wins are a dime a dozen..in golf and football). Perhaps in another 100 years Clemson will maybe have 2 more (they seem to sneak in there about once every 60 years...). Assuming they don't get sanctioned out of existence...(thanks for taking us on your journey above to the land of the pyramids; you know, the state of de Nile!).

Don't shoot the messenger; save your ammo for the sanctioning board members!
    "Now my freedom's bought and paid for, it lights up my living room. And when I'm tired of the program, when its taken its toll, I can press the button and change the channel by remote control." - Timbuk3

Don't shoot the messenger; save your ammo for the sanctioning board members!
    The messenger slanted the message (as liberals tend to do). Apparently sour grapes has him trying to play the 2017 FF games in an imaginary world for some false moral victory? (Yea OS wins!!!!)

A program that had success in the 1900s is not relative now that football games are harder to win. OHs has a good program and will have going forward as like all the "Blue Bloods", they have unlimited money. The big programs spend twice what Clemson can on football.

Ohio State has nearly 3 times the students.
    The OHS endowment is $3.579 BILLION compared to only 621 million for Clemson.

Clemson kicked OHS in 2016 and 2013, throw in 1978 (for your historical purposes) and that is 3 in a row.

Clemson has won 76.9% of the games under Coach Dabo, and is 85.4% in the last 7 years after the "never before head coach" got going. He was never even a Head Coorindinator. We got him cheap and now can never pay him all he is worth.

OHS plays in the weaker Big Ten which could not even get a team in the FF this year and got crushed (31-0) when they did last year by guess who?

That's how I measure a program's relative greatness
    You need to get a real measuring stick, not use crap. I know you will not as never in the history of YC have you faced reality in any debate. You believe he who has has the last word (post) is right. Go ahead and post another fake reply with more slanted stats, as you ignore reality, and I'll let fellow members judge.

CPT
    Facts are facts, AO. OSU's last championship was 2014 when they went 14-1 beating #1 Al. and #2 Oregon to seal the deal - no other team has ever done that (where was Clemson that year?) and they have 8 of these and Clemson only has 2! Winning yours in 2016 is no more significant than OSU's in 2014 (or any of the other 7..).

And like I said, maybe in 100 years Clemson will have 8 as well, but by then, OSU most likely will have ~16. Your team will never catch The Ohio State University in titles. Learn to live with this fact; you'll be a lot happier!

Your team will never catch The Ohio State University in titles. Learn to live with this fact; you'll be a lot happier!

I agree completely.
    It was unlikely that Clemson would win one, much less two.
    The chance of winning another is remote.

Most times these are won by the very rich where winning is everything.
    I mean look back before Meyer, were not most of your games (and championships) in the ten years before won by cheating? History says --"YES".

Coach Tressel was running OHS and paying more than your local Cleveland Browns team.
    OHS vacated all wins for the 2010 season due to cheating and should have done so for that decade. The football program was then on two years' probation.
    You seem to value stats, his win stats were 81.0% due to hiring the best players money could buy.
    After winning yall some championships he was banned from the NCAA.
    Do you count his tainted wins. Tell us, do you?

The fun is that OHS hired Meyer. I'll let the Georgia boys here tell you what a cheating SOB he was at Florida. I guess yall long for the days of Tressel and buying wins.