Thread: Georgia vs Oklahoma

Georgia vs Oklahoma

I spend a year in Oklahma once. They have few trees, and even fewer Pine trees. I did not like the place and will never go back.

Everyday I see Georgia. I don't live there, ,but can see the place not just from my porch, but from my windows. Georgia is beautiful.

Oklahoma has the best player in the nation in their QB. I posted that before the season began and before the experts gave him the Heisman. He is excellent.

Georgia has a much better "D" than Oklahoma has seen as they don't play much "D" in the midwest. Oklahoma will need to score 40 to win and that has been very easy for them.

Georgia has the best running backs in the nation. Forget what you read as to other teams, Georgia has the best running backs in the nation. They have many of them. They have the best two, but if those get locked up before the game, Georgia will still run the ball. Chubb and Michel will not be in jail and no team can stop them.
    That is important because to win, Oklahoma needs the ball a lot. The Georgia running backs will not allow that to happen.

This is an easy win for Georgia against a team that does not play "Southern style" football.
    The Georgia defense will make them pass and pass in a hurry. They will score, but not enough as they will seldom have the ball.

I think I agree with A.O. on the Georgia-Oklahoma matchup but I am still nervous. Mayfield is electric and the Dawgs D has got to be at their best to slow him down. It is exciting to think that next-door neighbors might be battling it out for all the marbles! GO Dawgs and GO Tigers!

At the half it does not look good.
    I am surprised.

As I have posted, believe Mayfield to be the best player in CFB, but it is not just him beating Ga.

I remain hopeful, but now Ga has to play catch up instead of ball control.

That means OK will get near 100 plays this game. You can't beat them if they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    At the half it does not look good.
    I am surprised.

As I have posted, believe Mayfield to be the best player in CFB, but it is not just him beating Ga.

I remain hopeful, but now Ga has to play catch up instead of ball control.

That means OK will get near 100 plays this game. You can't beat them if they do that.
    D has picked up! Anybody's game.....31-31 after 3. Go Dawgs!!!

Dogs take the lead -
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Thoreau

OKie O line is worn out
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Thoreau

Overtime -

A classic finish! Dawgs in the final! I have determined that watching the CFP could be hazardous to your health if your team is in it! Too much stress on the heart! Bama will be very difficult! GO DAWGS!!

CPT
    "The Committee" should be embarrassed. To select either of these two teams is a farce! Neither has any DEFENSE whatsoever. Easy to look like world beaters when your opponent has zero ability to stop the run OR the pass! Lazy and pathetic play. If the game was twice as long the score would have ended up in a 96-96 tie (assuming they did not wear themselves out running up and down the field!). These are not championship quality teams... I now have even less respect for "The committee".

And seems like the Big Ten won all of their bowl games? What happened to "the weak Big 10", AO?
    Supermen....wage a never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way!

Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post
    "The Committee" should be embarrassed. To select either of these two teams is a farce! Neither has any DEFENSE whatsoever. Easy to look like world beaters when your opponent has zero ability to stop the run OR the pass! Lazy and pathetic play. If the game was twice as long the score would have ended up in a 96-96 tie (assuming they did not wear themselves out running up and down the field!). These are not championship quality teams... I now have even less respect for "The committee".

And seems like the Big Ten won all of their bowl games? What happened to "the weak Big 10", AO?
    SOUR GRAPES FROM a LOSER! You had your chance but you lost not one but two games and you think you belonged in the playoffs. Give me a break! The "poor quality" Oklahoma team played your Buckeyes and coasted to a 31-16 win over your mighty team. And then your team got totally embarrassed by that powerhouse Iowa (8-5) 55-24. You have less respect for the committee?

CPT
    OSU obviously peaked at the end of the season....when you should! They knocked more teams OUT of the playoffs with more top 10 wins than any other team. Clemson and Al. obviously peaked earlier. Interesting how the idiots at ESPN rationalized this: "We KNEW that Alabama's one loss was just the result of them having a bad night and that's why the committee ignored it" (and mysteriously advanced them into the playoffs based not on them winning in the final week, but just because...). OTOH, Ohio States early loss to Iowa was not treated as an "off night", but as a season ending loss, even though they beat everyone (including several in the top 5..) in the last several weeks of the season and right on into the 'post season'. That's just confirmation bias and finding an excuse to pick the teams you like (as a "committee") and maintain power over the process. This is hugely unfair to the players and the only valid system is one based on play on the field (like the pros). Until that day, "Chapionship by committee" makes college football just another BS "sport" like figure skating.
    Supermen....wage a never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way!

I don't think that the 9th game of the year is an "early loss" when Iowa blew them out! Look, the committee was more than generous to OSU last year when they put them in the playoffs even though they did not win their conference title and the conference champion beat OSU. Then Clemson embarrassed them 31-zip. That was also an embarrassment to the committee. After that, you can understand why they did not want to take a chance on them this year.

Look, OSU had a very strong team this year, but if you want to make the playoffs, you should try to avoid having two losses in the regular season.