Thread: Crap Talk - CFP

Crap Talk - CFP

How many fans (even band wagon fans) have the guts to talk some smack?

It can include not just the 4 who are in but others who fail short. (that is to encourage ED to yet again post his tirade as to OHS was cheated and we need to have 32 teams in).

Can CLEMSON beat Alabama.
    According to the experts and Vegas --> nope.

The pressure is on Alabama. They were predicted and expected to win this year. They failed to even win thier conference, but the powers that be put them in over the BIG 10 and Pac 12 Conference Champs.
    I agree.

CLEMSON was supposed to be a side bar as all the offense left town. I have no idea how they went through a schedule tougher (by far) than any team now in the CFP and made it. Even Coach Dabo acts surprised.

The CLEMSON "D" is as good as any, even Alabama.
    The CLEMSON "O" has improved every week. It pales as to last year, but few have that.

I am a homer. I am starting to see Alabama as an underdog - but I aint Vegas or ESPN.

I know Mike and Tony are Georgia fans.
    Can we piss them off enough to get a post in reply?
    I too am a long time fan as opposed to say Ga Tech who practices breaking guys legs with chop blocking.

Georgia is the closet big time college to Clemson. I know a lot as to them, been there many times.

Georgia had one of the top 5 coaches in America and fired him because he came up short as to Saban. They maybe did not notice that everyone has.
    Mark Richt is not just a good coach, but a good man. He posted around 10 years with 10+ wins. That was not good enough for Mike and Tony.
    The new coach is at the helm of a team assembled by Mark Richt, lets wait a couple years before we judge him.

In the deep South we know a few things:

- Lots of bail money will be needed to field a team at Georgia on gameday.
    - Florida State players are immune from being locked up no matter what.
    - Miami players are in the pocket of the strip club owners and will throw games.

I may have been too harsh (beer talking) about Georgia.,
    Tony, Mike - I apoligize.

I see since Ga won the Championship last week only 3 players have been arrested.
    That might be a record and might mean the new coach is a keeper.

CPL
    Will reply later. No time right now. Enjoyed reading above posts. Gives me a lot of material to work with. I'm hoping for a Ga/Clemson Championship game.

CPL
    Good news, charges were dropped on one of the Ga players. Imagine that! Would not have happened under Richt. I'm a Mark Richt man. I would not have fired him. It just proves what it is all about $$$. The word on the street was Richt's hands were tied at Ga. It was the new AD's job to get rid of him. They did not want a good man and good coach, they wanted someone to win it all at any and all cost whether it was right or wrong. Appears they have their man now. I'll still root for Ga, but I was rooting for Miami also. I never been a Clemson fan, but I have been rooting for them too. I like Dabo, good coach and good man. I hope it is a Ga/Clemson title game in January. Appears Ga needs no bail money. Paying off or twisting arms to get charges dismissed. I feel for the Cops out there doing there job and this happens. Kids not being raised right these days. No apologies needed A O. Anyway I believe this is Ga's best year to win out.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I may have been too harsh (beer talking) about Georgia.,
    Tony, Mike - I apoligize.

I see since Ga won the Championship last week only 3 players have been arrested.
    That might be a record and might mean the new coach is a keeper.
    That was certainly a heart-felt apology! However, you are equating the Georgia program to the old Florida State Criminoles! That is far from the truth. The vast majority of the GA players are very responsible in their behavior and they are certainly better young men after their GA playing days. We see prayer circles initiated by the players after the games. Jake Fromm is a good example of that. He is a great leader as a true freshman and after the last game they allowed him to be interviewed and he was very impressive and giving credit to God and his parents and coaches. Sony Michele and Nick Chubb are both amazing young men and have great stories. Check out this link to SonyMichel.....
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ge...-path-georgia/

By the way, I am a Mark Richt fan and a Dabo fan and a Kirby Smart fan!