Thread: CLEMSON VS alabama

CLEMSON VS alabama

I really did not want to play Alabama for a 3rd straight year in the Playoffs. It would be fun to play different teams.
    Imagine how cool it is for a fan like me to even care who you play in the FF as how many times will a team ever get there? This has been a magic run for fans like me.
    I did not think we would be there in 2015, and no one thought we would be there this year.

Alabama is tough as they have countless 5star guys who are huge and fast. The big deal with them has been the incredible line play. That is actually why CLEMSON made it this year. No matter how good your skill players, without the muscle (and these days speed) on the both lines, it can be a long day.

As always, Vegas has CLEMSON in the familiar role of "underdog". Coach Dabo says, "Alabama -- pretty much everybody who plays Alabama is going to be an underdog, that kinda comes with it. You know, none of that kind of stuff really matters."
    The last time Dabo was at the Sugar Bowl he was on an Alabama team (1989).

2017 has been one of my favorite seasons. It is like a "freebie". This team has over achieved, and I don't think they have yet peaked. I did not see us getting back until 2019. Now 2018 looks like a probability.

Alabama is the standard.
    As far as I know, their program is kinda clean, unlike many in the SEC and the ACC.
    Alabama has the most talent in the nation, and it is not even close. That is fair. Many great kids choose Alabama for a reason. (a few choose CLEMSON)
    Alabama is the standard.

Two years back CLEMSON rolled over Oklahoma 37-17 and went on to face Alabama in the biggest game ever to that point. Clemson lost after an exciting game - 45-40.
    That was a game where the two teams both had excellent defense. Lookng at the score you might not see what a hard fought game it was on defense.
    At the start of that season no one (including me) saw the CLEMSON team developing into the Champion it became. That was my prediction for the "next year", and they made me the fool by doing it a year early. Lucky for us CLEMSON fans, Coach Dabo see every team as winners.

One year back in 2016 CLEMSON again made it, but this time it was expected by all.
    CLEMSON vs OHS was a joke game - 31-0.
    CLEMSON then again met Alabama. CLEMSON had a QB (Watson) who was the best of the best. Watson is a once in a lifetime player. (in my lifetime there have been a few show up here so maybe the term should be - "EXCELLENT").
    Again the defense play was brutal. By the end, the Alabama defense was shot. The game was won by CLEMSON because the Alabama defense could no longer stand. Maybe it was the best game ever played by both teams?

So, in 2017 we will meet again in the CFC. My heart is not up for it. I am positive many CLEMSON and Alabama fans feel the same.

The CLEMSON team is excited. The Alabama team is excited. Those are young guys with stronger hearts than mine.

Our Coach Dabo helped Alabama win a National Championship as a player. He helped CLEMSON win one as a coach.
    He is also excited and as always -- "ALL IN".

These are great days to be a CLEMSON fan, been "ALL IN" myself since 1959 when Scout Master Willie Clack took us to CLEMSON to experience a game.

I may be a softy, but I see the love, family and discipline Clemson employs versus the severe discipline and system/process that "'Bama" has as a huge difference. In the fourth quarter of the Auburn game, discipline broke down and the blame game started. There are no nationally recognized players on Clemson but the pros are drooling over them. There is no "I" in team.

Oh C R A P -

Not another "homer" !

You CLEMSON fans are --