Thread: CFB vs NFL

CFB vs NFL

Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post
    Ok; need to get back to watching REAL football on the NFL Redzone channel. No "committee" to bail out any losers in the NFL (unlike college ball..); they are actually PLAYING for the right to make the playoffs! So kneeling or not (Redzone coverage skips all that crazy drama..), I have to respect the pro game 100% over "Figure Skating" judges that determine who is "best" in the highly flawed college game fake playoff system.
    Ha ha - !
    I grew up watching the Colts and the Redskins as they were on our few channels.
    I went to most all the Panthers games early on.
    Then I lost interest as incredible $$ moved in. It entertained me less. That was a slow adjustment, not a conscious choice. Anytime you bonded with a player, he left town. I have not even watched a Super Bowl in years. Most are not like me, but the truth is most ONLY watch the Super Bowl, and not for the football.

Now we have the multi-million dollar players taking a knee to protest America which is not treating them right? I can't boycott as I was already not watching them.

I prefer CFB. I live very near CLEMSON which is a small town back in the woods.
    We have a coach who is proud/eager to say in public that he loves God and America. He recruits guys like that. Not all players/thugs are welcome here. To be honest, most recruits visit and no way are they going to live back in the woods with no strip clubs and cops that will lock you up if you are a thug.
    It has surprised me at how many good kids who are football stars prefer this environment.
    Parents visit and are sold if they love their kids.
    CLEMSON is not the only place like this. No others have a "DABO", but many programs are solid places where a kid can become a man - and may be a rich one.

EXAMPLE *****

The player/leader this year of the Clemson team is a giant -> Christian Wilkins. He is huge, but very, very athletic. He will go 1st round. He is fun and funny, loves to have the mike. He will be a great NFL player then maybe the next coach of CLEMSON?
    cw.jpg
    Today at press conference he was asked about the play of our QB Bryant. His reply:

*Christian, can you talk a little about what Kelly has contributed to
    this season. *
    CHRISTIAN WILKINS: Before I answer that question, I want to give a
    special shout out to First Sargent Frank Thomas, who sang America the
    Beautiful before the fourth quarter.

That's just a time to reflect, definitely appreciate and look and see
    how proud you are to be an American. That was remarkable. I was singing
    right there with him. A lot of my teammates were singing right there
    with him. A good time to reflect and appreciate, for sure.

CFB where I live is great fun and very entertaining. Guys are not taking a "knee".

The NFL is crap.
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Now we have the multi-million dollar players taking a knee to protest America which is not treating them right? I can't boycott as I was already not watching them.

I prefer CFB. I live very near CLEMSON which is a small town back in the woods.

CFB where I live is great fun and very entertaining. Guys are not taking a "knee".

The NFL is crap.
    Great post AO! I always pull for the DAWGS but I like Clemson when they are playing anybody else. I really like Dabo! What school would not like to have him? I really hope to see Georgia and Clemson play each other this January! It is now very possible!