Thread: Pain

Pain

I am hurting some now as I sit on my fat ass.
    Tomorrow I will be sore.

After I jogged 5 miles, I dug up a bed as the years had worn out the looks. In it were a few Knockout Roses that bloom less as the area has become more shaded. Ivy had taken over the ground which looked good, but I wanted change.

I dug everything out and dug in 12 large bags of garden soil/conditioner. I don't own a tiller. I was surprised to see that the soil there was in great shape. I suppose that is due to a decade of me piling mulch there.

I put in 4 re-bloom Azaleas which require less Sun, and 2 False Hollies. Already there are several large native Nadina which might be my favorite plant.
    I crawled around on my knees and added in 100 Daffys and Tulips for Spring.
    I rebuilt the irrigation and piled on a load of mulch.

That is a big day for a lazy guy my age. I like to work in my yard, do a little most days trying to not fall too far behind. Looking as tacky as my place is requires a lot of effort.

I hate digging as it is hard work. Picks and shovels are not tools I like.
    I will be sore tomorrow.
    I am the only guy in a tie

CPT
    Plants can also relieve pain, Bill.

If you have a wild plant/weed that looks a bit like lettuce (is commonly called "wild lettuce" and also looks a bit like dandelion..), TheLostWays.com has a "recipe" for boiling down the white sap of this plant into a black syrupy liquid that they claim to be as effective as morphine as to pain reduction with NO addictive properties what so ever! Make some and rub it all over your 'sore winner' ass!

Ok; need to get back to watching REAL football on the NFL Redzone channel. No "committee" to bail out any losers in the NFL (unlike college ball..); they are actually PLAYING for the right to make the playoffs! So knealing or not (Redzone coverage skips all that crazy drama..), I have to respect the pro game 100% over "Figure Skating" judges that determine who is "best" in the highly flawed college game fake playoff system.
    Ode to 2020 (sung to the tune of "Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting") - ELG:
    "Everybody was Kung Flu fighting
    This virus panic struck like lightening
    Although the future seemed too frightening
    (Seemed too frightening)
    It's the book of your life that you should have been writing
    (Life that you should have been writing)"

Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post
    Ok; need to get back to watching REAL football on the NFL Redzone channel. No "committee" to bail out any losers in the NFL (unlike college ball..); they are actually PLAYING for the right to make the playoffs! So knealing or not (Redzone coverage skips all that crazy drama..), I have to respect the pro game 100% over "Figure Skating" judges that determine who is "best" in the highly flawed college game fake playoff system.
    Moved your thought to a new thread which I hope will be fun:

http://yardcraphome.com/showthread.php?3848-CFB-vs-NFL

Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post
    Plants can also relieve pain, Bill.

If you have a wild plant/weed that looks a bit like lettuce (is commonly called "wild lettuce" and also looks a bit like dandelion..), TheLostWays.com has a "recipe" for boiling down the white sap of this plant into a black syrupy liquid that they claim to be as effective as morphine as to pain reduction with NO addictive properties what so ever! Make some and rub it all over your 'sore winner' ass!

Ed, do you remember Euell Gibbons?

He was a fun guy on TV. He could find a full meal on an abandoned city lot.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euell_Gibbons