Thread: CLEMSON at NC State

CLEMSON at NC State

This is a big game.
    Winning the division and going to the ACC Championship is at stake.

Both teams know that.
    Clemson is 5-1 in conference play and NC State is 4-0.
    If Clemson wins, they could loose to Florida State next week and still be in the ACC game (but not the Final Four).
    If NCS wins they still have BC, Wake, and UNC, but would be a heavy favorite in those games.

The line is 7 points. I expect a close game with the defenses deciding.

On offense Clemson has been unable to pass down field, and the NCS defense is the best we have faced so far, so expect that to continue.
    The Clemnson running game is under the radar strong. That is because the lead runner is the QB and 4 capable backs share the other carrys. Any of the 4 can get the job done.
    The "O" line is very strong.
    The down part is Clemson has an extremely strong reciever group that cannot be used to max due to lacking the ability to get them the ball.
    So far passing and running plays have been called on an equal number, but most passes are actually running plays.

On defense the Tigers (and the Wolves) are very good. That is why this should be a low scoring game.

That brings up special teams and Clemson kicking has been poor. In a close game kicking is the difference.

My predicition is Tigers 31 -- Wolves 25.

Ha ha just looked and no one reads my weekly Clemson game forecast.

Why is that?
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Thoreau