Thread: 2017 Fall Migration

2017 Fall Migration

It is underway. I know because a couple days ago saw an UFB (unidentified flying bird) that was a Warbler on the yellow side.
    Today on the porch as Kelly Flint sings, have seen 2 UFBs. One on the yellow side and one on the grey side.

I could guess at them, but no need. In time they will return.
    Post your sightings, and if possible - photos.

One year some of us had great fun with Fall Migration.
    http://yardcraphome.com/showthread.p...D-BIRD-CONTEST

Most of my Humming Birds left a few days ago. No instead of dozens, have maybe 10. I believe some or all of these may be birds stopping by as they travel by from the North. I am proud to be a stop over point. These tiny guys have an incredible journey to achieve. It pales anything I have ever done.

So far I have no photos of Winter migrants, but maybe I saw a couple.
    If my records are right, they will start to show in the next week. I keep records as that entertains me.

Today I have the usual guys -- Cardinals, Wrens, Finches, Titmice, Chicadees, and a few Hummers. There is a lot of activitity, but nothing like what is ahead.

My Crows seem to have had a good breeding Summer as the flock seems larger. These guys are loud, lots of fun, and have never been a problem to me - just the opposite.

My CatBird landed in the bushes just now. He is secretive. He also drives me crazy crying as while I know it is him and not one of my cats in trouble - it rattles me.

Name:  catbird 700.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  74.9 KB

Here is also a Cardinal. Can one ever take enough photos of Cardinals - ? Sure, but you can never be bored when Cardinals are about.

Name:  cardinal 700.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  162.2 KB
    Last edited by AgentOrange; 09-29-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    I am the only guy in a tie

Laying in bed saw an Eastern Phoebe out my window.
    Now out on the porch, I believe I saw a Red-breasted Nuthatch. That is huge for me as these guys don't return to an area every year. They are active and fun. I hope I am right.

Just saw a Kinglet.